1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'm OK with blowing the team up...heck I'm OK with Tilman getting rid of D'Antoni and Morey, and I'd even be fine with trading Harden (but only if we get a REALLY strong return). I would like the Rockets to keep PJ Tucker, but other than that, I'm open to a major shakeup. The team as currently constructed is too predictable.

That said...I think it will be difficult for the Rockets to make major changes this offseason. Capela is the only guy that has any real value on the market. And even he's not going to fetch anything amazing.

Honestly, it may not matter what the Rockets or any other team in the NBA does. Until the Warriors' core either breaks up or declines (and by "core" I mean the splash brothers and Draymond...Durant and Cousins aren't included), the Warriors will be the overwhelming favorite in future seasons. You need 2 or 3 unselfish stars/superstars, a lot of depth, consistent high-powered offense that isn't too predictable, an elite defense (individual and especially team), and strong team chemistry to have a real chance against Golden State in a 7 game series. A good coach helps too, but even an average coach might suffice if the team is strong in all the other areas. The 2017-18 Rockets were somewhat close to being that kind of team; so were the Spurs two seasons ago until Zaza injured Kawhi.

2. shlhl

shlhl Member

Kevin Love is another Paul and he passed his prime. Don't do it.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's a shame this is where we stand.

I don't believe CP3 is done. If traded I think he will be a very good player still on a team that let's him do what he does best.

Until Harden learns to play within a system ( actually trying when he doesn't have the ball ) we will always be WCF or earlier exists.

We are cap strapped and we don't have any assets aside from EG. I think you try to upgrade the team as best as possible but the nucleus of Harden, CP3,Tuck, EG and Clint should stay. Let's not forget just a year ago we were a very very very good basketball team.

#443 ksny15, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but a very, very good bball team won't cut it vs the best team in history.

Morey needs to be realistic and if he can't beat GSW I think it's time to pack it up and trade Harden to Celtics for tatum and #9 pick or something.

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is how fast the NBA landscape changes.......every year there is a Harden rule.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. farhen

farhen Member

#blowitnow this gimmick team is horse $hit.
    Jim deserve better hands down!
    in Murrey we thrust.

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Change the coach and add one all stars like Kawaii and get Jordan can solve the problem. Tilman should pay the tax

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That is the bottom line with this pair. They are not complimentary to one another , One is redundant with the other.

They both need the ball in their hands to do what makes them who they are …. and there aint but one ball.

You could get worse in terms of talent by losing CP3 and get better as a team by replacing him with a player who better compliments Harden …. and have money left over to improve elsewhere.

That's been my position from the get go.

subtomic and steddinotayto like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree with it. It worked for that one year and it was marvellous.

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dumb. Why would we trade him? Top sg in the league

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Morey is sitting back and laughing at the report of “slim possibility of trading Harden”. Why even say that at all? You’re not trading the best player in the league in his prime. Come on.

hakeem94, GotGame15, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Paul isn’t going anywhere for two reasons:

#1) We need someone to run the offense whenever Harden sits
    #2) He’s Chris Paul

I’m not wild about him at that price tag (and I’m sure neither DM), but the only way this thing goes down is if Harden demands it. Which I don’t see happening.

Capela and/or EG getting moved for a secondary scorer is the much more likely scenario.

BaselineFade and YOLO like this.
  14. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

dream
    AD + Picks for Harden and then sign Klay thompson lol//

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

would you trade him for Anthony davis? serious question

16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Change coach and then buy another all stars can get the win. Why Tilman does not have money

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I fingered it out.

[​IMG]

Houston does it because it's a no brainer.
    Lakers do it because they're already tired of LeBron and they've coveted Hartenstein since the day he was drafted.
    Warriors do it to prove to the world that they're the best franchise ever and it doesn't matter who's on the team, they're superior to all others.

KD signs with the Australian league and Klay gets the max from the Knicks. Klay never makes the playoffs ever again, but he's got max money so he's happy. KD gets away from the American media and twitter by going down under. Everyone wins. Especially the Adelaide 36ers.

Who would dare argue with Hollinger? I mean seriously Warriors.. +4 wins? Do it!

Come on Lakers! Do it! Draymond is better than Kuzma!

justtxyank likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ok, so 24 hours later. Why was this such a featured story? Every year, Morey tries to improve the team in any and every way. This is a non story but ESPN had it in their bottom left ticker for over an hour as a "developing story"

I believe this was most likely Morey trying to drum up some offers but some other options are.

A) a rival executive trying to make the team look in disarray.
    b) a disgruntled player trying to make the team look like a mess.
    C) ESPN has nothing to talk about.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Id do it for Davis and Zion... Other than that ill pass.

20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

C...too early in the baseball season, NFL is in a dead period, and the Finals are basically a forgone conclusion and/or Toronto just doesn’t interest the American viewer.

But, I think it’s probably you’re initial thought and that Morey is just trying to drum up offers and get GMs to start talking to him. Right now, 28 teams should be engaging each other in preparation for next year...in reality, I’m guessing there may be like 6-8 teams active while the rest are vacationing before the draft.