1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LMAO.

Damn. Harden without his next best player and no all-stars couldn't beat a team of 4 all-stars.

You realise, there is literally NO ONE in the entire league going 'nowhere near a championship' with the Warriors around right?
    You know that right?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We had them damn near down and out before CP3 went out last season. I really thought they would do it this year. Turns out the Rockets were the only real threat to them.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

time for Sergio Llull.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. ReturnOfTheMac

Honestly I wouldn’t mind Capela for K love

5. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

Harden is very good at what he does - but what he does is not especially conducive to team basketball.

What he needs is a mentor/coach who could actually mold him into a team player. And you need to have others on the team who will push him and call him out, and who can step up into leadership roles (with high basketball IQ) when he is having another "got too wasted last night to focus, gonna chuck up a billion bad shots and dribble off my foot a bunch of times" nights.

Chris Paul was supposed to be that guy, but he is fading fast.

Harden's game is so predicated on his amazing ability to stop his forward momentum and jump back or change his direction off on leg. He has some of the strongest legs in the league. So much rides on his knee strength. That is one of the first things to go as an athlete ages, so his game is going to tail off more quickly than someone like Curry or or Gasol or Ingles who don't rely on athleticism nearly as much.

If the rockets want to win with harden, they need A] a new coach and B] some team leaders.

I think their window has closed though. Kevin Love would be a great addition to the team - if he and harden could be friends that is. If they hated each other (like lebron and love), it would be a disaster.

cheke64 likes this.
  6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Just add a ****ing reliable SF that can get his own shot and move Gordon back to bench to spark 2nd unit.... This ain't hard.. We're right there!...

7. YaoMingsSoulja

lol @ people thinking we're going to get kawhi

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Kevin Love would fit nice I think

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen...

10. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

OK...name that playmaking SF that would be available for Capela and a draft pick or for the MLE? Oh, also who won’t fade against the Warriors

GotGame15 and Y2JT like this.
  11. raining threes

This is what I see.

I could also see Gordon being moved for a big PF that can rebound and shoot the 3 and Llull coming over for the MLE. Or they could keep Gordon and move Paul and bring over LLull.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, trade for Love.
    So in a year, you're in the same spot you were a year ago & are now: trying to get off Anderson after a 2 years, trying to get off Paul after 2 years and then trying to get off of Love.
    Phew, can you imagine trying to move Love AND Paul?

$28,942,830
    $31,258,256
    $31,258,256
    $28,942,830

$38,506,482
    $41,358,814
    $44,211,146

But dat elite gravitational force floor spacing!
    And dat elite leadership!

13. raining threes

Jonathan Simmons is a guy I would look at bringing in. Versatile

I like Hezonja too. Young guy

I would move earth for a young talented guy like Jaylen Brown. His best BB is ahead of him.

14. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

James Ennis got the nod over Simmons in PHI.

Hezonja has the potential but plays very immature game.

I do love Jaylen, if he can get his handle tighter and develop his shot a little more, I think he’s a top tier Wing. But BOS only makes trades where it’s too lopsided for them. Danny isn’t a risk taker, he waits for the sucker to rip them off.

raining threes likes this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We have no cap room and won't for the 3-4yrs if we keep the current roster the way it is.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don’t think Kuzma is a steal tbh.

He avg 19 and 5 but shot 45/30/75

And he’s a bad defender.

I like him he’s a great pick by the lakers in the late first round but he’s a replaceable player that’s Forsure.

He’d help the current rockets as constructed but as the center piece of a cp3 deal your going backwards.

He’s got zero star potential imo.

I’d much rather have Ingram who’s a very good defender and has shown flashes of Allstar level play. He could break out potentially.

If the rockets are trying to get rid of cp3 to get cap space then they must have something up their sleeve and have a pretty good idea that they can sign a major FA.

topfive likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s a good thing.

I wonder If we will still be the 2nd best team in the NBA and the only true contender to GSW.

18. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I agree Kuzma’s a solid piece but not a star (though I think he has more potential to improve than you do). Steal referred to his salary, he’s making almost nothing by NBA standards for a useful player.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Butler. It's easy I hope Tillman dont **** this up...throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It's a good team. Just cp3 has to be 3rd best guy now n have butler 2nd. Easy man

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Just playing a game of “if I were the GM”...

Harden is obviously untouchable. There are maybe a handful of players at a similar level as him, and among those, only Curry and LeBron are signed to long term deals.

PJ is almost untouchable given his role and salary.

Gordon is a guy I would work very hard to extend. A perfect flex player that’s a plus in whatever position you put him in.

Really hard to imagine a CP3 trade because of his salary AND he’s still a top 20 player in this league, no matter what all the geniuses on here say.

Capela is the perfect guy to move. He doesn’t help you against GSW and is signed to a good deal. I wouldn’t be surprised if we traded him for a pick that could be used as an intermediary asset, like the Lowry deal. Then you go get Deandre Jordan using the MLE.

I do not think a big shakeup is coming UNLESS the Lakers miss out on all their top targets and decide they have to make a deal for CP3.

Ramo$e likes this.