1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I have faith in both, Tilman and Daryl

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 29, 2019.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With so many posts/threads trashing Tilman...and Daryl lately, I thought it would be good to show some support here. We're fortunate to have both.

burlesk, dkim1984, glenadyll and 23 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

We all b**** and moan (at times) but we're still gonna root for the Rox no matter what.

4. jowman

jowman Member

How are we fortunate to have Tilman?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What @topfive said!

Daryl will turn the roster on its head and work miracles, while Tilman opens his wallet and tells him, "Take what you need."

6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The Rockets always get expectations up and recently we've had a lot of disappointment but would you rather be a (name your team) fan? We could be the Kings 13 seasons or Suns 9 seasons without any playoffs at all!

AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The jury is still out on Tilman.

Not enough track record to prove one way or the other. Just constant rabid speculation.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You signed up in 2019... not sure you qualify as "we". Jury is out, but the jury still has time to find out who you are. Prove to the jury that you're "us".

dmoneybangbang and Deckard like this.
  9. jowman

jowman Member

Get a life

Duke Fan likes this.
  10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im sorry but i do not feel fortunate to have tilman as our owner lol..

IBTL and charlieaustin like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

1990 just emailed.. get better insult material.

hakeem94 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. jowman

jowman Member

I just want to see the rockets win. Could care less about being accepted by you whoever TF u are. Evidently you care more about sucking the owners dick and finding dirt on someone’s profile than winning.

Highlyrated and Duke Fan like this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Tilman has to earn my faith. He simply hasn't yet demonstrated his commitment to winning. He's saying all the right things, but i'm gonna sit back and see what he actually does.

Morey is a different story. Morey has earned my faith. i'm confident he is the GM to lead us to a championship and he will find a way to get this turned around.

rocks123, AroundTheWorld, CHI and 4 others like this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Offseason is for hope trafficking, just so we can be let down again in the playoffs next year!

Tracy McIverson likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. This is Tilman's chance to prove he means what he says, that he walks the talk. Give Daryl what he needs, Tilman!

Highlyrated likes this.
  16. vick

vick Member

So far, Tilman is Fools Gold.

Highlyrated, Der Rabbi and Corrosion like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll believe in Tilman when there is a reason to believe in Tilman. So far...nope.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have more faith in the easter bunny

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why do you believe in Tilman?

Can he at least make the food as good as it is at Minute Maid and NRG?

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Tilman started with a blank state and earned his way to the distrust. He lied his a$$ off and made a bet that we were not a role player away from beating the Warriors. Well, in a series where we went down in 6 and the first 5 games were decided by 6 points or less, you could very well argue that we were a good role player away. Still could have lost, but that's not a good bet he made with Chris Paul 35 and unmovable.

Morey I've always liked and called the best GM in the league. At some point you have to judge people by the body of their work. Maybe Tilman screwed him, maybe things didn't go his way, but he's had 15+ years. Everything on this roster is 100% the result of him churning what he can. I'm definitely curious about what he does next, and at the same time can't think of a suitable replacement. Tilman strikes me as a guy who would hire a "basketball guy" and that's the equivalent of bringing back VHS. Should scare the hell out of everyone.

As always, there's always redemption. Both of them could surprise me this summer and there's plenty of opportunity to do that. Specifically, their decisions on how to fill the coaching staff and their plan B if we are unable to acquire a top tier star.

We're not off to a good start. If you're going to feed and pay journalists to write sensationalist articles, don't piss away your money and exposure on the unrealistic Kawhi scenario. Tell Jimmy Butler you will move heaven and earth for him. He's a realistic target.