1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: Rockets don't need a roster change, they need a coaching change.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, May 29, 2019.

1. UrbanEnterprise

Hes right

Harden rather complain to the refs than get back on defense.

Harden rather let CP3 go 4 on 5 than to at least be visible on offense.

Harden rather be passive in crunch time than face the pressure.

get mad at McGrady all you want, but hes right.

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’m not sure mcShady watched the gsw-Hou series. We need a roster that can rebound; for the most part MDA did his job but again limited himself to his 7man rotation. New coach? Nah....not yet.

clos4life and napalm06 like this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yup. We need an army of switchable SFs and PFs. That should be our simplest mission this offseason if we want to maximize our Harden/CP window.

You can rearrange coaches and guards all you want but we have the firepower, we need the size.

juanm34 and Mathloom like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this implies that not holding Harden accountable is the biggest problem with the Rockets...to that I say with all disrespect, STFU T-Mac

the Rockets need more talent...end of discussion

pr0wler and biff17 like this.
  6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i kinda think the same, with a real starting 3d wing, and make sure capela doesnt suck in the po's. let mda and paul actually help run the offense than just harden ball hog. harden has someone who can get him easy looks, rare for a superstar wing. stop looking at analytics as the end all be all of basketball and utilize his playmaking ffs!

paul too can do a little better. he can work on his 3s to develop a little 3pt range game. nothing fancy, just a simple quick off the screen 3 or something similar.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Adelman but he held a broken down, washed up Mergady accountable.

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Harden needs the same thing that Mj needed when the Bulls fired Doug Collins and promoted Phil Jackson. I do agree that we need a better coach. I think MDA is plenty good but in the playoffs if you have shown a history of getting out coached in critical areas you are good coach but not good enough. Phil Jackson took some responsibility off MJ and in the process made other guys more accountable thru a structured offense and aggressive defense and in so doing when the playoffs came and teams made adjustments to stop Mike other guys would get easy baskets all over the court. We need a coach that when teams eliminate some of James offense it comes at the sacrifice of giving up easy high pct% baskets not just open 3's. But as far as TMAC is concerned he has no right to criticize anybody after his colossal failures and faults. He wouldn't allow coach adleman to hold him accountable

RocketRed84 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

TMac is right.

DD

Maxgx and kjayp like this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Because Harden's accountability is why we couldn't adjust to a simple ****ing pick and roll in the 4th quarter, right?? Give me a ****ing break. This is lazy, simplistic, over-generalized "analysis" at its finest.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

ESPN needs to give T-Wack and Scottie Quitten their own show.

Call it Turnover or Down by 30 or something like that.

tinman, RocketRed84 and juanm34 like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

1000% agree with this statement.
    I’ve been staying this for years now!
    The Owner, coach, and GM let Harden do whatever he wants with no accountability.
    Harden slacks on offense when he’s not running the show. When someone else starts to shine Harden seems to get in the way of that. When someone else runs the offense Harden refuses to move his ass and set screens for others or even back door cut for an easy layup.
    Again Tmac is 1000% correct on his statement but things won’t change until Houston gets a respected coach.

Maxgx, kjayp, cheke64 and 1 other person like this.
  14. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

respected coach? Who says MDA isn't?

#34 JuNx, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

lol @ McGrady

how would he know what the Rockets need? He's still trying to solve the equation of the first round.

Richie_Rich and Zboy like this.
  16. jowman

jowman Member

Tmac talking like he accomplished ****

Richie_Rich and Zboy like this.
  17. onreego

onreego Member

I get it. Tracy's not a fan of roster changes. I learned that from his surprise surgery announcement via the media right before the trade deadline.

BigShasta, Richie_Rich and Zboy like this.
  18. jowman

jowman Member

Tracy why don’t you analyze why you never got outta the first round. Maybe it’s cause you got the heart of a bum and the best thing u got going for you is that you can kiss Kobe’s ass and say you got to play against a great competitor. Tmac is straight trash all the talent but no heart, he’s trash as a commentator too. I bet the girl on the show feels bad that he’s such a loser

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why are people bashing T-mac for this ? there isnt anything wrong with that opinion... personally, the only problem I have with James Harden's play this postseason was in game 6. he should have put more pressure on the defense to try and score/attack early in the shot clock. other than that i dont see a reason to put the loss all on james. the rockets have been a great team the past couple of years despite not having a stacked roster. we have lost to a dynasty. would a different coach have made a big difference here ? who knows. our biggest issues seemed to be rebounding and the ability to stop the steph and dray pick n roll. I am not sure we had the right personnel. what we did worked better with kevin in the lineup. he took the ball out of stephs and draymonds hands more. it made it easier to defend since he isnt the playmaker either of them are. you know when he has it he's mostly looking to score. the other two can pick you apart with passes.

it feels like we are going into panic mode right now and ready to make a bunch of deals for the sake of making deals, fire coaches, etc..

Maxgx and bmelo like this.
  20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Full conversation for proper context.

kyle7758521 likes this.