1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cubs @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 27, 2019.

1. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Some moronic posts here after a win against arguably one of the best teams in the NL

2. conquistador#11

Why do the compadres get to have all the fun? Shoot it, Houston. Astros Win! :accordion plays:
    [​IMG]

Marteen and Houstunna like this.
  3. BleedsRocketRed

Osuna at his worst for us still resulted in 2 wins. He keeps his cool even when things don't go right. I would rather him figure it out now than in October. Not worried about him yet.

If this was Giles we probably would have lost both games.

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Not probably

5. HTown2017Champs

Actually three wins, going back to that solo shot in the first Red Sox game. Hopefully he breaks out of it, but three consecutive outings means I am starting to get a little concern. No longer have that calm, "automatic" feeling with him, at least for now.

Houstunna and BleedsRocketRed like this.
  6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Great win. We put up 6 runs with 3 of our best hitters on the bench. Osuna isn't worrying me yet...he still pitches with confidence. Having seen two headcases (Giles and Lidge post-Pujols) out there, he doesn't have that deer in headlights look when things go south.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

#107 J.R., May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Osuna has ice in his veins. He never panics and really buckled down and salvages what he can. A lot of pitchers would have cratered the last two appearances but Osuna took care of business.

The Cubs are very good. If they had the back end of their bullpen figured out, they would have as good a records as we have or even better.

mikol13, AB423, Joshfast and 6 others like this.
  9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

That’s it? I would have thought this early (relatively) in the season that 3 runs in two innings would affect it more.

10. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Osuna has been the beneficiary of some incredible defensive plays; else we might think the struggles are a bigger issue.

It took an unreal catch by Josh Reddick just a couple weeks ago against the Rangers to prevent a go ahead 3 run homer by the Rangers Hunter Pence in the 9th. Were it not for Marisnick's 5% catch probability, the Astros probably lose the first game of the series to the Red Sox.

He's got the bulldog demeanor everyone wants in their closer, but he's been hit pretty hard for sometime now. His ability to not implode and stay focused is admirable...now hopefully they can address the mechanics behind why he's getting hit harder.

11. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I absolutely believe it’s mechanics. Some of his balls are getting squared up really well and I think he may be tipping his pitches a little. I’m sure he and Strom will be looking closely at film to see what’s going on and get it fixed

Smacktle likes this.
  12. SemisolidSnake

It's sometimes easy to forget the temperament of the closer Osuna was brought in to replace. I certainly do at times. What's the opposite of ice in veins?

Nook likes this.
  13. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Punching yourself in the face?

psingh34, leroy, RockFanFirst and 9 others like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

It happens. The ballpark in Minny is probably 50% Brewers fans tonight, Milw just hit a go-ahead homer and the place went nuts.

15. Nook

Nook Member

**** for blood.

16. Buck Turgidson

Ice in veins vs Fist in face. I like it.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Thin-skinned

18. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Dynamic pricing for this series jacked up the ticket prices. Cubs fans that now rarely see a game in MMP will pay that higher price, many Astros fans may just hold out for a series that's not so expensive.

19. AstrosRockets1818

Cubs suck

SWTsig likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Most of those cubs fans sitting in seats that were already sold. Secondary market prices also higher... Astros season ticket holders profiting as well.

Very similar to what Astros fans did last year in Boston when they played the same weekend as the Texans playing the Patriots.