1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only way the Rockets win the Championship next year is to...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FANfrom86toNow, May 26, 2019.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

What team is in position to give up more, a better players and 1st round picks, that are willing to take the risk like Toronto did? I now our 1st round picks won't be high, but they are still 1st round picks. If if you get to 3 of them, a team could combine them for higher picks. Many of today's stars were even picked in the 2nd round like Draymond, so it's not like 1st round picks are worthless because they are lower first round picks.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

there’s not a GM alive that is taking Clint Capela over the 3rd overall pick...you’re gassing up Capela way too much

it was already reported by Shams that if the Knicks had gotten the #1 overall pick, they would’ve looked to use it to acquire AD

"I'm told if the Knicks get the No. 1 overall pick, they would then shift their focus toward a potential deal for Anthony Davis," Charania said on Monday.

so he was already hearing that they were willing to give up Zion for an AD rental, and like I said, Mitchell Robinson is pretty much a Clint Capela clone who isn’t making 18 mil/yr who can also grow with Zion

even if you’re not sold on Tatum, he still has more value than Capela and is easily a better asset...if both were on the market, teams are giving up more for Tatum than they are for Capela

wings with potential are more valuable than athletic bigs with limited skill who are on 5/90 deals, and so are premium lottery picks

rocks123 likes this.
  3. FANfrom86toNow

That fantasy got us CP3 for Bev, Harrell, Decker and some other stuff as well.

4. FANfrom86toNow

That #3 pick from the Knicks, if they are willing to do it, still has to come with salary to get up to 25 mil for AD. Does NO want what else comes from the Knicks in the amount of salary? I'm not saying any GM would take Capela over the #3 pick. But it's also not that simple either.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Well Boston.. Philly.. LA... Hell maybe Denver.. Plenty of teams go for it! We ain't built like that..

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tucker is 35, too old for Zion.
    How about tucker and 2 first round protected to Lakers for 4th pick?
    Pelicans get 3 and 4.

7. FANfrom86toNow

You named teams, not trade scenarios that are possible that the teams would do and salary fits. These are complex trades where you can't just consider one player over another, but you have to look at the entire trade and what is possible. And then what position is the team in after the trade. We already have seen that AD alone as your best player is not getting you to a championship, barely the playoffs.

8. FANfrom86toNow

I never said Tucker was to grow with Zion, but Tucker is smart and a great defender. Every smart team should want to have someone like him on their team to mentor a budding new superstar for their team. Tucker could be great helping Zion learn the ropes for a year or two. No one wants to trade with the Lakers for anything, including the Rockets.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Knicks already cleared out all their bad contracts. All they have is their young talent and things like Lance Thomas’ contract that expires next summer to give.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This is reeko in real life not likeing your trade suggestion as UNREALISTIC!
    [​IMG]

12. FANfrom86toNow

That's exactly my point about the Knicks, they don't have enough salary to really trade for AD.

13. FANfrom86toNow

LOL

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

3rd pick could beat Lakers or Celtics best assets.
    Davis 25 million and butler 19 million a year are nice.

15. FANfrom86toNow

I don't see the Knicks trading us the 3rd pick for Capela, but the Knicks also don't seem to have enough salary to trade the 3rd pick for AD either as of right now.

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If the rockets can somehow get a top pick in the draft, and attach it with Gordon I would like to see what they can get in return back in tbh...

Im pretty sure the rockets are not gonna trade Capela,Harden, or Paul. But Paul could get moved, he had 2 years, and the key is not the removal peice to the puzzle...., So there gonna probably retool moving him, unless they can Trade Gordon and pick for someone...

17. BigBum

BigBum Member

Pelicans want more and younger.

18. FANfrom86toNow

I don't think the Rockets are "shopping" Capela, but I could definitely see them moving him if they could get their hands on AD. Everyone keeps saying that NO has better offers, but maybe I missed reading realistic trade scenarios on here for teams that not only have the players,and assets, but are also willing to take the risk for a potential one year rental on AD; and still have a potential championship squad to put on the floor.

If you trade for an AD rental and don't go deep into the Finals, you are probably losing him for whatever you gave up. Teams have to consider that as well, not just getting AD. AD by himself does not get you to the finals. You have to have enough to give up for him, but still have enough left to where you at least look like a top two team on paper.

19. FANfrom86toNow

I'm sure that they would like 3 allstars back for AD. Clint is young and so are 2 or 3 first round picks. Tell me what team is willing to give up more for AD on a potential rental? The Lakers are out because NO hates their azz.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hope KD and Cousins leave GS, hope Iggy ages, hope we get Butler, hope we play good D, hope CP3 ain’t garbage, hope Clint ain’t garbage