1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Rockets balance of styles and stars to mark this summer in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 23, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

You do know that Griffin played a year and a half before Paul was traded there right?

So who was the best player then?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

before cp3 was there, you mean the year the clips won like 30 games. how impressive

3. biff17

biff17 Member

You said he was never the best player on his team I proved you wrong without even talking about Detroit.

So which is it, was he the best player on his team's or not?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

try reading it again

griffin has never even been the best player on his teams that he had the best numbers with

i had no idea there was a blake griffin fan club. thought you had to actually win alot for a player to get such

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

James will be back to burning down CP's kitchen again in no time.
    I don't think there is any real rift here

6. biff17

biff17 Member

I guess this makes sense to you.

not that big of a fan but I know his numbers compare to other hall of gamers something you just choose to ignore.

anyway I am done on this topic.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Spurs won 67 games that year. 67.
    It was the Nene injury in the series that sunk the Rockets. Harden had to check LeMarcus Aldridge.

hakeem94, D-rock, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Real damage will be done by Clutch the Bear.

Remlap likes this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I thought that was a pretty funny one.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't read the entire thread, so maybe it's been mentioned, but I'll say it anyway.

Why the f*** isn't Rudy Tomjanovich in the Hall of Fame? Maybe it should be called the Hall of Shame, because it is beyond shameful that he is still not in it.

D-rock, Easy, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We played the 16-17 Spurs that won 61 games. Still a lot of games and a 6 game improvement on the Rockets 55.

That said, it's still arguable. Of course the Rockets went up 1-0 in that series, so credit to them for that.

TP got injured the next game, and Kawhi got injured in game 5.

Certainly couldn't say the Spurs were inferior on the year, but the Rockets did finish 1-4 against an injured Spurs team.

We certainly can't point to the Nene injury when the Spurs lost their starting PG and MVP caliber starting SF.

The 13-14 year they lost to the Blazers with HCA in the first round, though the Blazers I believe had the same record.

If I'm being completely honest and as unbiased as possible, I think in Harden's playoffs here, should have lost to GSW all 4 times, and to OKC, shouldn't have lost to Blazers and Spurs (despite their better record, given the circumstances I laid out above). All other series did as expected. HOWEVER, you can certainly look to the LAC series as a bad historical reference point for Harden, too.

#311 JayZ750, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  12. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I agree with a lot of you guys that say it may not be much to it. But one thing we can all agree on is if the conversation/argument was about ball distribution and the offense, then we as fans know that this is a real problem. So in turn I have to believe that this is a problem for CP3, and probably some of the other players also.

13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

In the playoffs, smart teams like the Warriors and the Spurs figure out how to beat players like Harden, Westbrook, and LeBron. Players like them can only play one way. LeBron is the best of that type, so his greatness could beat a smart team playing dumb ball. But even with him, unusual things needed to take place.

14. TheSource

TheSource Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rockets have couple of hot heads but they dun have a 'real' cooler like Steph or Klay, who dun get into the mess of the moment, and just ball.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Man do you even listen to yourself?

Warriors have 3 All-Stars without KD. They have 2 of the greatest shooters in the history of the NBA in Curry and Klay and in their primes no less. They have the most versatile stretch 4 in the NBA in Donkey. Iggy is basically their Tucker. They have a lineup that essentially can win 60+ any season without KD. Yet each game of our series with GSW were all decided by essentially 2 possessions. We had an under-performing CP3, severely under-performing Capela, Tucker and Ego. They didn't figure us out. When it was crunch time, we had the same shots that we had in Games 3-4 and they just didn't fall enough. They didn't figure us out, but they did outplay us. They then went on to sweep the Blazers who beat the Nuggets who beat the Spurs, the other team that you are talking about as smart.

Point is, even if one of GSW's players get hurt, they have the talent to absorb that. At the end of the day, that comes down to having more talent. It is indisputable that GSW is the more talented team. It has very little to do with intelligence.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anything less than Perfect . . . . . Harden's team will probably lose
    MDA not playing KEY BENCH PLAYERS from the regular season in the playoffs

If Harden was held to 0 points at half time . .. . . . .and did not play most of the first half
    Could the Rockets Bench had kept the lead to less than 10 points much less tied?

MDA would have simply had Harden play with 3 fouls the whole first half . . . . .

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Paul and another player for whitesite and dragic was discussed.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Does Capela, Tucker, Butler, Harden, and Bev get us past the Lakers in the WCF?

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stop discussing that.