1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman says Harden shouldn’t be 1st team All NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, May 23, 2019.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Max is a nutcase

2. Audioout

Audioout Member

Max: Harden shouldn't be 1st team all NBA because playoffs.

Also Max: Lebron deserves 1st team all NBA spot :rolleyes:

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Kellerman just bitter he doesn't get a vote

Because everyone who voted said Harden DESERVED it. 100%..

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ahhhh, but they DO! Apparently, a player is ONLY eligible for a SuperMax contract if they make the All Star team.

Klay Thompson didn't make it (Kemba Walker did)...meaning Walker is eligible for a $221M extension, whereas Klay is only eligible to receive I think $191M. This then likely also saves the Warriors an additional $30M in salary cap. Finally, it might allow them to give Draymond Green a SuperMax, if he receives Defensive POY accolades. Further, it helps them keep all three on the same team, because a team can only have two Supermax players on its roster.

Don't mean anything? Quite the opposite.

FWIW, have to give Klay credit for how he handled finding this out (right after practice, from a reporter). I don't care much for the Warriors, but Klay is the one guy on that team that seems to handle everything with class.

topfive and BigShasta like this.
  5. Voltik

Voltik Member

I say Max Kellermen shouldn’t be an NBA analysts.

CCity Zero and justtxyank like this.
  6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

His opinions don't matter...on any subject. Which boxing match outcome hinged on his commentary?

From what I heard about his 'analysis'...it didn't even make any sense. Apparently, he was arguing that Kevin Durant should have been selected rather than Harden? One could have a debate on who was the better player, BUT Durant is a forward, and Harden is a guard, and the All NBA team has 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center. So, maxie dear...it doesn't make any difference whether Harden was selected or not, Durant still couldn't fill his slot.

Take that for data! :)

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Well, any idiot with a mic can be an NBA analyst, and he seems to qualify on both counts.

8. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

I lost respect for this guy a long time ago when he left HBO boxing.

9. Asian Sensation

It’s silly to me that you forgot about LeBron.

He also lost to a Kawhi-less Spurs by 39 at home.

Hot take indeed.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

He threw shade on everyone that was voted in, though, with the "much respect to Kemba, but really though, are there 6 guards better than me?" comment. And then he was like "whatevs, I'm playing for a championship while they're on the 3rd team lolol."

Saying Klay being the only guy on that team to handle things with class is like saying this poop is the least stinky of all the poops. It's still a stinky poop, no matter how you look at it.

11. jcage

jcage Member

LOL...I was thinking the same thing. Doubletalk at its finest!

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, I obviously didn't mention Lebron because he never beat this Golden State team. You're forgetting that Lebron beat Curry-led GSW team then Durant joined them and made easy work of Lebron's cavs.

Lebron also lost to a team with one All-star on it lol when he had three. Maybe one day you'll get that no player is perfect and appreciate Harden a little more.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The loss to the Spurs is a black mark on his resume for sure. That's it though as far as I'm concerned. That's the stain on his playoff resume.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Hahahaha....don't disagree with that at all.

As to the others, yes, he did roll his eyes, etc...but how would you react if you suddenly found out you were just screwed, in your mind, out of $30M?

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

True, but that's over a 5-year period, not all this coming season. So $6M a year in cap space, assuming they re-sign Klay.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

No other superstar faced them that many times

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Sounds like a pro Harden comment.

Who is the guy who has been good enough year after year after year to run into the best?

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This /thread

Unfortunately the more attention he gets good/bad it's ultimately a positive for ESPN.

Lol, I mean he had some tweet how Dame and CJ were going to do something cp3/Harden couldn't against the GSWs etc (it was something so stupid I can even recall the exact phrasing).. But the tweet aged extremely badly... I guess he's right though, Dame and CJ did do something that Harden/CP3 haven't done, and that's get swept. Hahah

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Maybe. Just an argument why they only bring Harden. LeBron is the other guy but he beat them once