1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Score: Austin Rivers i got a name

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, May 24, 2019.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Not sure if this was posted before.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Can it be that Austin Rivers has finally won me over? First with his play on the court. Sounds pretty down to earth off the court too.

He’s worth resigning, but probably not for what he’ll be paid. He’s got a great first step but needs to finish better.

saleem, jboslett, topfive and 3 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

when it’s not a travel :D

5. WestendMassive

If you told me before this season started that I would watch a 17 minute video about Austin Rivers and enjoy it I would have asked you to pass whatever it is you're smoking, but here we are. Nice post, thanks for sharing lol

Deckard, jboslett, jj3469 and 9 others like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well...it is a fit here. Young man grew up not worried about money...spotrac got him at about 50 million in 7 years. Not looking for some crazy discount but how bout it Austin? Don’t eat up the whole MLE, come have a legit shot at a chip for a couple years...still have time for another contract before you’re done probably push 100 mil for a career...

Rock Block likes this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need him. This has to happen.

Deckard, Sanctity and Hard_foul like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I can’t imagine he’ll be that well paid this summer by anyone.

I don’t see a team giving him anything north of $8 mil unless it was a short term deal.

Front offices are for the most part so much smarter (or careful) than just a few years ago. Not saying Austin can’t play, but it was just part of one season (after not producing for Washington) and it was for the Rockets, who make players look good. Think anyone would offer Ariza big money for even just 1 year this summer? Doubt it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I imagine a team like the lakers would offer ariza a significant amount to come back to LA. especially if they strike out on their initial hopes.