1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay reaction to missing all nba team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, May 23, 2019.

1. Handles

Handles Member

Dang the millionaire doesn’t get more millions... such a sad day.

From a basketball perspective though it sucks. I definitely agree with Klay that it takes more than a couple all-NBA guys to make that many finals. Can’t win in this league without multiple stars.

s3ts likes this.
  2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

In last 10 seconds of games where a bucket would tie the game or take the lead, Kemba's shooting...wait for it...

0-17. Get your facts straight if you want to defend him.

Kemba is NOT a borderline superstar. He's been named as an All-star starter for FIRST time in his 8-year career in a weak Eastern conference.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So winning doesn't matter? How can someone miss the playoffs and make All-NBA team?

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The Warriors owner and GM quietly love this.

TimDuncanDonaut and foh like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

winning does matter. i'd love to see if klay can leave GS this summer and win on his own without an all-star team covering his ass all year and half the playoff games. but i highly doubt that is going to happen because he simply doesn't have the nuts to actually try winning without a stacked roster. he'll most likely re-up w/ them so he can have another easy stress-free reg season and then b**** again in may about how other players who killed themselves all year doing everything for their teams didn't win as much.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I knew somebody would Google some analytical stuff... I'm old school bro.. I go by the eye test.. In my eyes , getting buckets in clutch situations equates a closer... But I digress... You speaking as if Kemba is a scrub..

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

If Kemba Walker can get All-NBA honours over Klay Thompson, then KAT should get it over Rudy Gobert.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Of course he is not a scrub. But eye test often betrays you. Some people still think Kobe is one of the clutchest players in NBA history and it's simply not true.

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Did you think of a possibility that Thompson's shooting is one of the reasons their offense is so good? If Houston had Thompson instead of Gordon, would our offense be better? Of course it would. So he can make your team better.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

right. so basically then you believe a replacement for the 4th most productive player on our team is an all-nba player lol. hahhahahaaaaa

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Klay Thompson is a true professional and I hope he retires a Warrior ... or Rocket.

Yeah, I'd rather win a championship than be 3rd team All-NBA too.
    Wouldn't trade those 5 Finals trips or 3/4 rings for an All-NBA selection either.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If you pull up stats on anyone who's considered clutch, then I'm sure in analytics they're not closers.. But I guarantee the consensus of folks believe Kemba is a clutch player

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So you don't think Kobe was clutch?.. If not, then you should use your eyeballs instead of Google bro..

jboslett likes this.
  14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I believe this, and I also believe they are wrong. Most NBA fans don't look at in-depth statistics.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Yes, Kobe wasn't clutch. He just took so many closing shots that enough of them went in for people to believe he is clutch.

Hmc415 likes this.
  16. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

This sucks.... would have wanted him to be 3rd that way GSW wouldn't have resigned him. GSW front office must be loving this.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

If you have to take things out of context to make my post look bad, why are you debating at all? To look good on forums?

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

your argument is utter crap on its own. and i already look good here 2 decades and running

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

His punk ass would've took less money to stay anyway... And I ain't mad at him ..lol

Nook likes this.
  20. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Perhaps but it would have been awkward to not offer him the supermax if eligible. Now that awkwardness isn't there and Warriors can just offer the regular max and they'll do it without hesitation.