1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and Democrats Agree to Pursue $2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by biff17, May 3, 2019.

1. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

It’s moments like these that it is clear why his base supports him.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’ve got your base hanging

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's better for infrastructure to die this way, honestly. I wasn't too interested in seeing the Democratic House try to negotiate an infrastructure bill with Trump anyway. They'd look like they had a deal in principal, and then Trump would pull the rug out from under it to make some new and irrational demand -- his negotiation toolkit only has a couple of hammers in it. He thinks this particular trick gets his counterparty in a position of counting on the culmination of the deal and that they'll make additional concessions at the 12th hour to just get it over the finish line. I'm actually a bit surprised he didn't do that: put together an infrastructure bill, and then tell Democrats they need to foreclose all the investigations or he'll veto the bill.

Anyway, an early death is best because I don't have any confidence in any real bipartisan legislation between this President and this House. It is not possible. But, not working on major legislation gives House members more time to investigate the President!

4. TheresTheDagger

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming election. A government so dysfunctional they can't even agree to meet without insulting one another much less get anything done. In the past, it has generally been congress that has suffered when focusing on investigations exclusively. Combine this with the "purple" districts the Dems won promising action on health care, taxes, immigration, etc that will never take place and we can see why Pelosi has been so reluctant to pull the "impeachment" trigger.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

How come it was easier to pass a tax cut to the rich then it is pass an infrastructure bill? Which one benefits the society more?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump is being childish. At the same time Democrats have lost the investigation battle and dont know it yet. They need to move forward and i don't blame Trump.

What are you looking for. How much money he made from some foreign dignitaries staying at his hotels

You lost collusion. Move forward. Using words like cover-up is ridiculous. Covering up what?