1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trumps golf costing tax payers 100+ mil

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 22, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Trump’s Golf Costs: $102 Million And Counting, With Taxpayers Picking Up The Tab
    [​IMG]
    S.V. Date
    HuffPostMay 22, 2019, 4:45 AM CDT

Donald Trump’s golf habit has already cost taxpayers at least $102 million in extra travel and security expenses, and next month will achieve a new milestone: a seven-figure presidential visit to another country so he can play at his own course.

U.S. taxpayers have spent $81 million for the president’s two dozen trips to Florida, according to a HuffPost analysis. They spent $17 million for his 15 trips to New Jersey, another $1 million so he could visit his resort in Los Angeles and at least $3 million for his two days in Scotland last summer ― $1.3 million of which went just for rental cars for the massive entourage that accompanies a president abroad.

And, notwithstanding Trump’s campaign promise that if elected he would not play golf at all, the White House has done preliminary work for Trump’s visit to his resort on the west coast of Ireland next month, according to Irish media and government sources, even though no official meeting with Irish leaders is planned in the capital, Dublin.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Our tax dollars hard at work. And... since he is always staying at and playing trump golf course, resorts, and hotels, he is making money on all those golfing trips...

TRUMP'S GOLFING HAS COST TAXPAYERS $102 MILLION, JUST $12.7 MILLION BEHIND OBAMA'S TRAVEL DURING ENTIRE PRESIDENCY: REPORT
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-golf...kTwitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Didn't he government seize more money in the investigation than was spent?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Trump: $102 million towards golfing.
    Obama: $1.7 billion towards Iranian terrorism.

IBTL likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

Red Rocket's intellectual dishonesty manifests itself

Red Rocket knows that the $1.7B are not US taxpayer $. they're from frozen bank accounts, in the US, that belong to the Iranians

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

How the hell do you spend $1.3 million on rental cars for two days? Who negotiated that deal?

JuanValdez likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t care that he has cost tax payers $103,000,000 playing golf. I didn’t care when Republicans complained about Obama’s trips and didn’t care when it was expensive for GW Bush to travel.

They are President’s, protecting them and traveling is going to be very expensive. I want them protected and I want them to be able to travel when they want to. They have stressful and very important duties, they need vacations and to be rested.

$103,000,000 is a drop in the bucket. There are many other issues surrounding President Trump that are worthy of outrage. This is not one in my personal opinion.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Funny as much as i defend Trump outside his politics i find this ridiculous. I don't see what could cost $100 million.

The saddest thing about Trump is he doesn't give a damn about spending government moneydespite Republican supposed values just like GWB and Reagan

These costs are outside of day to day expenses of security. So lets say he has vacationed 100 days. What could cost a million a day?

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I do hope he golf 24/7 until he’s out of the office. Well worth the tax money IMO.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump: Suckers US tax payers for $102 million to go golfing
    Obama: Returns $400 million frozen for 40 years and $1.3 billion in accrued interest. Trump and his dopey clan of misfits keep lying about it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

again, the dumbest guy on this forum. A round of applause everyone...

TheRealist137 likes this.
  13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I think you meant a round of golf, but that’s ok, you’re special.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Good stuff. I read your comment and thought about the poster that denies humans impact on climate change. Thinking that poster wins. Then I realized it was the same person. lol Again... good stuff haha

Buck Turgidson likes this.