1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thought Experiment: Is there a chance to trade Clint Capela for a Stretch Big?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, May 21, 2019.

1. slpntz

slpntz Member

Vucevic is the guy I want.

2. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

The reason Anderson is available is that his defense makes him COMPLETELY unplayable in the postseason. Hard pass.

Highlyrated likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bzdelik can teach Anderson defense . . . oh wait

T for 3 likes this.
  4. varughese.arun

ISIAH HEARTENSTINE...

Rocket River and lw17 like this.
  5. varughese.arun

ISIAH HEARTENSTINE...

6. Fl Br

Fl Br Member

I dont see a good rocketsteam without capela. He makes a lot of space.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Soooo, are we going to complain this summer when we don’t trade Capela?
    Cuz we probably won’t. Doesn’t make much sense to. And if it did make sense for us, then 99% chance it won’t make sense with the team acquiring him in whatever fantasy trade one comes up with

Rocket River likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it deserves its own thread

hakeem94 and BigggReddd like this.
  9. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

James jhonson?

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Clint is still a young guy and full of potential athletically. I think he was also humbled this year and that will make him work his a** off this summer. He now knows that desire and athleticism won't get him the max contract and championship he wants. He'll watch that post Utah press conference over and over again this summer and won't even question again why he didn't get the max contract last summer. I think we should keep Clint and see what happens. He's improved too much and is too good to give up on this soon IMHO.

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

I hate to say it but I think Capela has peaked. Even though he’s young and athletic he doesn’t have the tools or skill set to improve the other areas we really need to see improvement in.

His game is very basic and limited and it works 80% of the time (which is great) but he doesn’t possess the natural strength, toughness, touch, mobility, agility, or fluidity that can help him develop his game and take it to the next level.

I can’t see his regular season numbers improving that much more if at all than this years. In the playoffs he really took a nose-dive cause he’s easy to take away with all deficiencies in his game. He’s never going to be the guy we need him to be in order to beat GSW. He’s our best realistic trade asset since he’s young, put up good reg season numbers and has a decent contract.

We must look to move him and improve other areas and find the next pre-extension Capela, Jordan Bell etc or find a cheap pickup like Kanter was for the Blazers, Bogut is and McGee was in the past etc.

Dream scenario would be if DJ gave us a deep discount to come home and we moved Capela in a package to find a legit scorer/playmaker with range that can dribble and create his own shot at the 3/4.

lw17 likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm not trading Clint for love..unless I know I'm het Jordan on the cheap....

Man ideally Antony Davis is the guy. Man if only. Davis n harden would be unbeatable

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Capela for Horford?

I don’t be like it but u get out of caps contract n deal with horford for 2 years.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

How dare u disrespect his 20 mill! Ryan for lebron works.

16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Ainge would hang up the phone in helpless laughter at that offer.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. dream2franchise

We have one...he just needs the confidence of the front office/coach and the opportunity.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Clint is fine. We kill with Clint but he can be taken out of games...this is when the stretch 5 comes in.

Oh and I have a feeling he'll be working on in too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Royce White would have been perfect

19. Asian Sensation

Even if he does hit some 3’s he’s not going to be playable against GSW either. He’s gonna get killed on the switch and left out to dry. Just watch happens to Brook Lopez if the Bucks advance. He won’t be playing 30 mpg and he’ll be riding the bench.

20. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

We need to send Capela and whatever it takes, then add the kitchen sink to get Nikola Jokic.