1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nobody ever had a chance ...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstrosRockets1818, May 20, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it speaks for Kerr who has experience of being MDA's GM in Phoenix, he has done multiple jobs.

I also think everyone is working together like in those Google labs, Sillicon valley, they producing great stuff also.

2. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Not sure why anyone bothered watching the NBA at all this season. You knew the result before the season started. The NBA lost me as a fan when KD went to GSW. The NBA has a problem on its hands, and that’s being too predictable. You can’t have one team be the winner every single year and not expect fans to start tuning out. I wonder how the ratings were for this season.

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Couldn't you say the same about the Yankees of past era, or the Patriots?

I get it that in basketball 1 player can change the whole team, but a lot of those Yankees teams were stacked

juanm34 likes this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/04/nba-regular-season-viewership-mixed/

The NBA season was a mixed bag in the Nielsens, with regular season viewership flat on ESPN/ABC and down double-digits on TNT.

Regular season NBA games averaged 1.99 million viewers across ESPN and ABC, even with last year and up 5% from two years ago. Separate averages for ESPN and ABC were not available. The final numbers are little changed than at the All-Star break, when ESPN was flat and ABC was down three percent.

Over on TNT, regular season games averaged 1.5 million viewers — down 12% from last year and, at best, the network’s second-smallest average since the 2007-08 season.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Their players were signed to contracts at the right time..not all together.
    Curry just got the max recently. Klay is not at his max yet, neither is draymond.
    Durant got his money because that one year he was a free agent, the cap spiked SIGNIFICANTLY...and then it came back down a little the year after so no one else really benefited.

That's why this season mgiht be the end of the warriors because they have to pay durant and klay a max contract and next year, they will need to play draymond a lot more.

solid likes this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I don’t see Curry caring this team without Thompson and Durant. Remember Durant and Thompson were the ones carrying the load when stephanie was stinking it up during our series. If Thompson wouldn’t of shouldered the load in game 6, Stephanie’s 2nd half outburst still would of made it a blow out loss for them.
    I Welcome a durantless / Thompsonless worriers.
    Curry will need 2 more all stars to stay a float.

RocketRed84 and lw17 like this.
  7. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

It's all complete bullsh!t. Part of the reason why Steph, Klay, and Draymond are playing so well now is that with Durant none of them have to push themselves during the regular season. Harden was 3rd in minutes this year, Dame was 6th. Durant was 15th! You have to get down to 23rd and 27th to find Klay and Steph. Adding Durant has made the game too easy for all four of them, both physically and mentally.

8. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

MLB and the NFL have more parity than the NBA, so I don't think that can be argued. The past 4 years for the NBA it has been Cavs/Warriors. I have been able to predict the winner in the NBA for the past 2 years and I think everyone will be able to guess who will win this year. Thats predictable and boring. It's like going to a movie when you already know the ending. The NBA can fix this easily by implementing what the NFL has which is a hard cap so you can't have 3 superstars on 1 team. College football is going through the same thing with Alabama and Clemson. At some point there needs to be more parity.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its the 'something' that should be underscored

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The thing that pisses me off the most is that no team has gone yolo yet and really given the warriors a taste of their own nut-kicking dirty play .

Like curry should have broken some bones to earn these rings . Green should be near death .

Warriors always hit first and then refs protect them from getting hit back . Game 1 we got screwed and then the refs decided to be more or less fair . After they took a game from us lol

These guys are so cocky and such frontrunners , they only celebrate when they are ahead .

I'm just disappointed no one has had the balls to haymaker a golden boy

smp and lw17 like this.
  12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I have thought for a while, even before the playoffs that Milwaukee would win it all. I was worried the Rockets would finally beat the Warriors only to lose to Milwaukee. Unless there is a sudden injury to Bledsoe or such, I still think Milwaukee is going to win it all. At least it won't be against the Rockets.

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

tumblr_ou397j2kkB1teles0o2_250.gif

lw17 and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Obligatory....

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Easy likes this.
  16. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Real talk we cried all year OHHHHHHHHHHH wjat if we had CP3 and we couldnt even beat them without Durant. Curry is that DUDE he was back to back MVP for a reason.

I dont like them but I will give them their props.

People talk a super team but really warriors drafted curry, green and klay... and neither of them or much more taleneted then alot of stars on other team besides curry.

they had looney and bougot out there for center!!!!

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Curry playing like an all time top 10. Hes just far better than anyone else.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Can't wait for this dynasty to die and the Warriors return to the toilet where they belong. Hate 'em.

lw17 likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Curry is 31. So 4 more years at most.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member