1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

You definitely get Butler if all it takes is EG and Capela.

Capela is replaceable. Harden has made him what he is. Without Harden serving up lobs, Capela isn’t scoring. He gets pushed around in the paint. He can’t spread the floor because his shot sucks. He can’t post up.

We can let him go. Harden can make another athletic big look like an all star. Money has to be allocated at each position and too much is going toward Capela.

Asik, Howard, and now Capela didn’t realize it was really all about Harden feeding them.

Gray_Jay, ak99999, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wouldn't take both to get Butler. You're undervaluing both CC and EG.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. cyberx

cyberx Member

Watch this:

Wind speaks.

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@cyberx while your here can you let us know if Jimmy Butler would like to come here or not?

5. Rockets4Life13

I love jimmy, i really hope he comes here. Never cheats you with effort and a great defensive player.

Basically PJ Tucker as a Star.

sammy likes this.
  6. cyberx

cyberx Member

I think he would be more than ok coming here.

7. smp

smp Member

I think you get the stars lined out first and then worry about the role players later.

That said, EG and Tucker are the only legitimate assets we have. I don’t think Capela will get you back anything valuable. I would be looking to dump him so you can reallocate his portion of the salary cap to someone who can contribute vs GS. I think it’s going to take EG to make that happen. Hopefully I’m wrong about that but I don’t think I am.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Don’t forget Omer Asik

Media and nba ppl were calling him a top 10 center his first year starting with harden Before we got Dwight.

Guy was avg 10 and 12 with pretty solid defense.

RocketRed84 and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Omer WAS good his first year here .

He was never going to be great , but he got a bit unlucky in how we got Howard and then he got hit by the injury bug pretty hard

BMoney likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

He’d have to really want to be here to leave all that money on the table.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Five year max offer with bird rights in a non-tax state is not leaving money on the table.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, tbf, that offer wouldn't come until NEXT off-season. This off-season, he'd have to be willing to opt-in to a deal that's clearly lower than what he would get on the open market ($20ishM vs. $32ishM). My assumption of his character is that he's willing to do that to come to a team that has a chance of winning a title though.

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Of course. Giving Chris Paul the $160 4 year deal *after* his hamstring injury in the playoffs may have some side benefits where handshake deals with other players are concerned. Other players see that the Rockets honored their commitment to Paul after he opted in and left money on the table in the summer of 2017.

Vivi, Gray_Jay and Plowman like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't believe Butler ends up here BUT …. He wouldn't be leaving any money on the table. He'd basically be extending his big money window a year if it was similar to CP3 - opt in , get traded and extend for the max.

If he opts in he gets the $19.8m+ and then 5 more years at max money.

If he opts out and takes the max from Philly do you see him getting $19.8m in any single season beyond that 5th year ?

If he opted out and got 4 years from someone else , do you really see him getting $19.8m for two or more seasons after that contract ? I think its doubtful.

Reality is that the opt in probably nets him the most money over the course of 6 years.

15. amaru

amaru Member

I wasn’t clear. I meant that he would be delaying his payday and risking a career threatening injury. I don’t see him doing that to come to Houston.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That's fair ….

amaru likes this.
  17. xaos

xaos Member

Cyberx is brian windhorst confirmed :D

amaru likes this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m hearing what your putting out.

I don’t want to get to overblown on what you just said.

But..... sounds to me like jimmy really does want to come home and play with a true mvp on a real title contender..... and play in a system Taylor made for him to get 16+ shots a game and get back to avg 22+ ppg.

He’ll be a perinatal Allstar in houston

Gray_Jay likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

20. amaru

amaru Member

Post #635