1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Jeff was the fall guy"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 19, 2019.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Bzldik did what he could with what we had.
    May he enjoy retirement.
    His replacement will probably have the same success if this group stays intact...

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am guessing Jeff Bzledik (I still don't know how to spell and pronounce his name) doesn't have the personality to get along with people. That happens. Sometimes it's not how good you are but how good you are with people.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lots of us have said the same thing in a similar thread. Even if one is a defensive expert like Jeff B, the final call always comes from the head coach on the bench.

Everyone including the players are responsible for the defeat.

4. BreakYoSelfFool

Rhymes with swizzle stick I believe.

Easy likes this.
  5. smp

smp Member

Same here. It doesn’t bother me much. I never liked Capela switching with guards on defense. He’s useless on the 3 point line. Can’t stop anyone. Can’t block shots. Can’t rebound. He should run away from the 3 point line like Curry ran away from Harden. That was a smart defensive adjustment. An adjustment I don’t think our coaches would think of.

The only untouchable on this team is Harden. Everyone else from the front office to the janitor is fair game to be fired, traded, or cut. Whatever it takes to win the championship.

lw17 likes this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You're right. Because in May, nearly 6 months before the next season starts, there's no time to make any changes.

topfive likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So what happens if our defense sucks?

8. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

I can get behind this...only because he is my favourite Rockets player...other than that, not too sure about his coaching experience.

BamBam likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i wasn't keen on the MDA hire, but at least we had a plan to pair him with a premier defensive coach. We better have a similar plan with this firing. That's fine if there were personality issues, or if he was leaving us in limbo and we needed to move on. There are plenty of great defensive basketball minds out there. Find one of them and hire them, before other teams do. It's just that simple. Then will see what things looks like.

slothy420, smp and Mr. Clutch like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...everything really looks wonderful going forward for the Houston Rockets!

lw17 and RichieBanks like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cp3 was mad at about the Melo and Bzdelik situation and got him fired.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's had around 10 years of assistant coaching experience. Including under Pop, Carlisle, and Avery Johnson.

naldodiaz and Vivi like this.
  13. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

whoa...I knew he had some experience, but under those 3?! pretty good guys to train with that's for sure. thanks for the info

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The dude is 55 and has been retired from playing in the NBA for nearly 2 decades. I'm surprised he's never gotten at least one head coaching gig thus far. Like I said though, maybe it's a matter of him not wanting to do that. Especially with triplets at home. But his kids are now 16, so maybe over the next few years, he'll become more open to the possibility.

naldodiaz likes this.
  15. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Sounds like the start of tanking

lw17 likes this.
  16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I usually believe Cyberx, but I'm not sure if I buy this. Given how noncommittal Bzdelik was about not wanting to be back, it makes complete sense to cut ties now instead of winding up in the same position we were in last season on the eve of training camp. Idk, the simplest explanation seems the most likely.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think that is true. He had problems with Melo, that is one guy that did not pan out, and was here because of nepotism on CP3's side.

He is just old and not that interested in coaching no more. That is understandable.

BZ-DELIK.

Letting him go is alrite, but they should have done it quietly instead of pompously touting we fired him!

Replacements line up!

IMO what he has done this couple of seasons surpassed what MDA has done. Just my 2 cents.

(MDA just re-inforced a new Harden but it wasn't him who made the overall team better that much- Defense did)

Easy and naldodiaz like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. No offense to Cyberx, but this sounds like his source was just guessing.

As I see it (also just guessing, but it's a much better guess):

1. Bzdelik caused turmoil last year by bailing at the last minute.That couldn't have pleased Tilman.
    2. Tilman was likely further irritated about having to pay Bzdelik extra to bring him back.
    3. Now Bzdelik publicly admits he doesn't know if he wants to come back next year.
    4. Tilman decided it was time to move on.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If this was the NCAA I'd say this is the indicator for the Coach getting fired

Forst Fire the Coordinators

Rocket River

20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He didn’t unlock ****. Harden’s trajectory was already insane with his improvements by 2015. A hair away from MVP and carried the Rockets to the WCF.

lw17 likes this.