1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don’t understand all the vitriol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, May 1, 2019.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Clippers beat the Warriors twice. It would be embarrassing if we don't beat them at all. The Warriors aren't invincible. We had chances and blew it.

Here's the thing -- I'm fine with losing to a better team, but I don't feel the Rockets fully maximized their potential and it's mainly due to coaching. We have a much better bench this year but MDA didn't use it enough. He's also really slow at adjusting to what the other team's doing. It's cost us points and games all season.

That we were a 4 seed this year is a pretty significant underachievement based on our potential.

smp, cheke64 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Mostly it is haters, trolls and russian bots
    Also
    Some are more concerned about the love and acceptance of the media and other teams
    than actually winning. They prefer to slob the knob of media types and other fandoms
    in order to get 'respect' from them than actually supporting their team
    Alot of them are bandwagoners and frontrunners

Alot of "WELL I KNOW THEY CHEATING BUT IF WE PLAYED THE WAY THEY WANTED US TO PLAY
    THEY WOULD BE FAIR AND WE COULD POSSIBLE WIN"
    aka
    People with their heads up their *sses and in the sand

Rocket River

Remlap and Emanuele Braghetti like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the refs want you swept .. . .you will be swept
    If the Refs want a 4-2 series. . . .it will be a 4-2 series

Rocket River

smp and pippendagimp like this.
  4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Is it the refs' fault that our moronic coaching thought it was a good idea to give Capela 33 minutes in Game 2 when it's clear as day that he sucks against their death small-ball lineup?

5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

The level of engagement on the part of the dubs is vaaaaastly different. They slept walked they that entire series and Kerr went to the whip starting Iggy, which he didn’t want to do and their bench play is seriously shortened. It’s night and day how they are approaching this series.

BeBreezy likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You're complaining about other posters' vitriol while you've already given up on the team? The Warriors protected their home court, like they're supposed to. That's all. Now the Rockets will protect their home court like they are supposed to. Then it's a best of 3. You're right there is nothing wrong with our guys. And Warriors do have more talent on their roster than we do. But we only lost 2 away games, and barely. You'll feel better after Game 4.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I hope so man. I had warriors in 6. I’m worried it might be dubs in 5. I’m not giving up but I’m also not changing my outlook. From your lips to Gods ears that they tie it up.

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Vitriol sounds like ass cream.

JuanValdez likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Told you so. Keep the faith!

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Look st what they are doing to Portland without Durant from the jump and Portland even being able to scheme against them. Milwaukee looks like a freight train but if KD is back and healthy I expect Warriors in 5 or 6. Three years with KD as of now we are the only team to play them close and we did that not once but twice.
    If you think that the clips played them close bc they got to game 6 in a flukey way you are a basketball moron.

11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I had warriors in 6 on the poll question. They are just really freaking good. But of KD moves on we will be better next year imo.

Props to Morey, MDA, tucker and all the other guys who tried to roll the rock up the hill the last couple years.

Remlap likes this.
  12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think a lot of people are just bitter about how things have been handled organizationally. The cap situation, the roster struggles, Tilman’s bullshit, etc. People are just frustrated right now.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't think people understand the monumental task of getting past a team with one of the most stacked rosters in the history of team sports.

It's actually pretty astounding that we came as close as we did last year, and a testament to Morey's stated goal of building a team to try to specifically nullify some of what makes the Warriors almost unbeatable.

Anyone here who's "blow-it-all-up" upset because we're coming close without getting it done just doesn't get it. Sure, the object is to win a title, but that has literally been almost impossible the last few years because of the historically abnormal roadblock in the way.

We're the only team in the league who has even been competitive against Golden State in the playoffs (except the Cavs, who had the best player on the planet and caught the Warriors off-guard when they were already popping the corks on the Champagne). Our best bet is to retool again for next year, in the hopes that GSW will be weaker without KD, Boogie and maybe Klay. The Warriors have shown themselves to be at least somewhat vulnerable to what we're doing, and that should be a sign we're on the right track.

TL;DR: Blowing things up because we couldn't get past an all-time great team is silly.

#33 topfive, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Remlap, Batman Jones, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Honestly OP, there’s probably about 10 posters that come into every thread and jerk each other off with opinions that aren’t really rooted in fact.

Vivi and topfive like this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

Losses are meaningful if there's valuable takeaways. Can the team learn from them. Hopefully that's something the Rockets organization can figure it out.

Any ex GSW assistant coaches the Rockets can get as consultants? Or GSW data scientists to poach for hire. Stephen Jackson admitted during the old GSW vs Mavs series, Don Nelson (Dirk's old coach), gave him the blueprint on defending peak Dirk.

There are folks in the Rox front office, far more basketball knowledgeable than I, to look for these tactical advantages.

Don't doubt Capella know he didn't play the greatest in the GSW series. Some of the match-ups and scouting got exposed late in the playoffs. He probably is reviewing what transpired and on over deciding what to work on this summer.

Personally changes is an option but only if it puts the Team in better future position.

#35 TimDuncanDonaut, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The scoring champion, who attempted & hit the most unassisted 3's in NBA history, along with most ft's, took ONE SHOT in the last 7mins of the most crucial game of the season (with Kevin Durant out)

You know why he's getting the criticism but you're so much of a Harden fan you choose to act confused. He disappeared when it counted (again)

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and cheke64 like this.
  17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Can't blame refs since team gotta make plays in between lines.

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Some of us like to win. And feel like we have all the pieces to win. And feel like if the intelligence of our team matches the talent of our team, we’d be in the WCF right now.

Hence the Vitriol

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

20. Remlap

Remlap Member

Hindsight says NO. Portland currently being steamrolled by GSW.
    Your crystal ball needs calibrating.
    Are they really 'tougher' than us? Not even able to muster a win yet.