1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will you pay Shumpert and House if Rivers and Faried don't stay this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, May 15, 2019.

?

Will you pay them if Shumpert wants 6 million one year and House wants 3 million one year?

1. Shumpert yes, House no

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. House yes, Shumpert no

49 vote(s)
    49.0%
  3. I will let them walk for nothing.

40 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. How much will you pay Shumpert and House (max amount).?

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

well you haven't said if you noticed that the bucks won with utilizing their bench in a way that keeps the starters fresh. You call it nonsense but if I am not mistaken the Bucks have barely lossed doing things that way. Again your theory is nonsense because the last few champs don't play the way you are saying. We are talking about the NBA right?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i missed the part where the series was over.. i guess everyone else did too. good stuff

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Ill check back in a week in a half

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We're in complete agreement on Shumpert …. He made 11m this year and could get as much as $13.2 this year if they were to pay him his max and you only do this if he accepts a 1year deal with a team option for a second , essentially creating an expiring contract that you can move after December 15th.

House …. I don't know. He seems to think he's worth a whole lot more than the minimum. I'm not giving him the full T-MLE. If he wouldn't take a deal starting at his minimum of $1.676m …. I might let him walk. If you give him anything more than that , you are tapping into the MLE and I want a better player with that exception.

I guess this one you really have to see what his value is on the open market and go from there.

If you can get him to sign for that $1.676m figure this season, even on a one year deal you have early bird rights the following season and can offer him either 175% of his previous years salary OR the "league average" salary , whichever is greater. The league average for this offseason is something like $9.6m.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. Game7

Game7 Member

House is a player we should’ve been able to sign to a minimum contract. If he doesn’t like it, keep walking. Shumpert is worth a min but bet he gets more elsewhere. We could also really use this money more effectively on somebody who would have more impact in the long run (of the season/playoffs — not multiple seasons.)

charlieaustin likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That would be ideal but not sure it’s possible.

76rs gonna want EG if their giving us Gordon plus him and nene salary get pretty close to matching butlers.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Game 1 v. GSW: 9 Rockets played
    Game 2: 11 Rockets played
    Game 3: 9 Rockets played
    Game 4: 9 Rockets played
    Game 5: 9 Rockets played
    Game 6: 9 Rockets played

You, sir, are a liar.

YOLO likes this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Rivers is the priority out of that group.

smoothie likes this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

And he will get a lot more than the taxpayer MLE the Rockets are realistically limited to offering him. Good for him.

Shumpert, treat as @Corrosion wrote upthread: build an expiring out of him, or let him walk.

House, either he was hurt in the playoffs, or people found his Achilles heel on film and started exploiting him. I'd have signed him during the middle of the season to something like 11/3 with part of the MLE, which I think he'd have taken. Even if he's a bust, it'd be a cheap one. Plus, that would've committed the Rockets to being taxpayers, so perhaps Morey might've emphasized finding better players instead of cheaper ones towards that trade deadline.

Now, you're limited to matching something like 2.0 million as a non-Bird RFA. Who knows if he'll get it. I wouldn't mind seeing him again in a Rockets uniform.

11. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Can you really count a 9 man rotation in games 4 and 5 if Nene played 4 minutes and Green played 3 in both? In the OT game 3 Nene played 9 minutes and Green played 7.

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Lets say keep 5 starters.

In summer, who will be the 9-man rotation?
    My pick:
    House
    Green
    Ariza
    buy a 2nd round pick - big man

4th seed again in standing

13. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

rivers can get a real offer from the rockets, the rest should just get the minimum or let them walk.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL you were saying. Bucks going to Cancun

But but but you can’t win if you don’t go deep into the bench. Oh wait

bj3175 likes this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nonsense. The only guy I would make a effort to sign is river that's it...only cause we have old ass cp3.

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Raptors went deep Bucks didn't Raptors win case closed. Shorter the bench quicker you get to exotic virgin island vacation