1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are some minimum wage free agents that can help us beat the Warriors next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 15, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Agreed.
    Do you mean Tyreke Evans? If so don't know how harden feels but Evans is not a third option but probably second option on good team.

2. HstnSprtsFan101

3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I just hope Morey can land guys who fit our system. We need length that can switch, rebound and make 3's. J Green fits and I like the idea of Aminu. Carrol would also be a nice for added depth on the wing.

I would take Thomas Bryant, Looney or Dedmond, preferably as back up depth at the center spot if they can be had for cheap.

As far as another shooter Ellington should be a top low cost priority. I believe he led the league in 3's made by a bench player in 2018.

Morey reportedly tried for Green and Ellington at the trade deadline, so I believe he knows what the team needs.

Moves like these could have put us over the top this year. Im not counting on getting a star. I certainly hope we can get JB. If not I hope we can still least fill out our roster with above average role players.

Since it can't get any worst than Melo/MCW/Ennis I am actually optimistic about what Morey may add this year in terms of cheap quality depth.

RocketOrg likes this.
  4. basketballholic

Aminu is Ennis II. Dude is a dumb lunkhead. He'd drive Harden and Paul nuts. Not a fit.

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

His IQ seems like it fell off recently. I agree with that. But his length, rebounding and shooting would be nice to have coming off of our bench. Maybe he could use a change of scenery.

6. basketballholic

Didn't fall off recently. That's his downfall and has always been. 98% percentile in athleticism. 5% percentile in brains.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We went the route of signing YMCA players for vet minimums, then discarded them all for potential late-second rounders in the 2040 draft.

8. basketballholic

Adding to the minimum salary list we'r ought to consider Anthony Bennett. His stroke is looking very clean Ann's he's looking serviceable defensively as a 5 in small ball.

9. anchel

anchel Member

Tough F4 elimination game by Llull. He's been really harmful for Madrid. Hope the Rockets watched the game and hope they keep an eye on the ACB playoffs.
    In 2019, after his last injuries, Rivers >> Llull.

Deckard, Vivi and Nook like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would definitely be happy with Aminu.

11. mastan

mastan Member

Since you're picking an improbable lineup why not pick Giannis/ KD/ Anthony Davis/ Lebron also?

bmelo likes this.
  12. basketballholic

Another possible minimum salary signing:

Aaron Craft

Point guard - defensive demon

One of the next on ball point defenders over ever seen. His weakness wasd he couldn't shoot. He's played overseas for a while. And the jumper has significantly improved. He can catch and shoot adequately. The rest of his games in terms of the NBA

Defense - A+
    Handle - B+
    Court vision -A
    Passing - A- (not fancy but very good)
    Intangibles - A

If we lose Austin Rivers I like Craft at the minimum. We need that on ball defense that Rivers gives us. Gotta replace that. Craft simply terrific at it.

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Grade too high.
    He can't shoot from three. He is not a good shooter beyond 15 feet, not a good fit to Harden.
    He is small guy Livingston.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good point, i feel kinda sad about this cause i've always been a fan of Llull, but at this point i don't think it's worth it unless he comes for the minimum.

15. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I guess we can scratch T Evans off the list.
    He was just banned from the NBA for two years after violating the substance use/abuse rule.

I agree with whoever said we should target guys like Randle that fit the system better in exchange for Capela. Randle is a perfect fit for this system. Capela is a good pick n role guy, and overall good rebounder and shot blocker but he hasn’t shown any ability to step out on the perimeter to shoot the mid range jumper to keep the defense honest. Randle Is the same age as Capela but shot the 3 ball at 34% and scored 21 ppg while averaging almost 9 rebounds. He’s also much stronger than Capela so he can hold his own against bigger PF’s and centers. If the Rockets could swing a deal with NO then Randle could get the pay raise pay raise he’s looking for and we shore up the our center/PF position. Hell, perhaps they could do a two player swap with Gordon and Miller or Moore.

#95 RocketOrg, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

What are some minimum wage defensive coordinators we can hire? @Carl Herrera

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We need guys with a history of fighting, or technical fouls. We need players who will hurt the Warriors. Since we can't out smart, out play and out hit them. We need get to be the bad boys.

18. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The Rockets "pie in the sky" if wishes were horses continue year after year. Which player X is going to save us next year!

The whole scenario has become so old

THANK GODS I LOVES ME SOME JAMES HARDEN!

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We still interested in DeAndre Jordan

Rocket River

20. basketballholic

You should have watched him more over last couple years. He's an acceptable shooter. Much better defender than Livingston. Does NOT have a post game which is Livingston's calling card. And is probably better from 3 than Livingston.