1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Cat) Daryl Morey and MDA Exit Interview quotes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 16, 2019.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Same story with Morey. How many years has he been trying to "get the right mix" of players around Harden? Next year will be Harden's 8th year with the Rockets. If he doesn't upgrade the team I think Harden will ask for a trade

#21 RocketOrg, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    cheke64, Stormy1234 and ROXTXIA like this.
  2. smp

smp Member

Exactly. What the hell is that quote from MDA even saying? He would have been just fine losing in the conference finals?

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

didnt we give our first rd pick in Shumpert deal - along with future 2nds?

RocketsTerps and Little Bit like this.
  4. kjayp

no his goal is great offensive stats - so he will be viewed as some offensive guru... well... that and 'a season to cherish...' lol

5. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly there is nothing Morey or MDA could have said that would make the fans happy.

The Rockets have been the second best team in basketball the last two years.... but ask those Webber/Peja teams what second best gets you.

The front office actually has more flexibility and assets than a year ago. We will see what happens. The Warriors are just a dynasty and possibly the best team ever so... it’s really hard to win.

amaru, lilbird20, Deuce and 13 others like this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

“Best player in the league” really? Kawhi, Steph, KD, Giannis etc

7. Nook

Nook Member

He means making deals post draft. The Rockets will have their future draft picks, Capela and Gordon all possibly movable if the right deal(s) come around.

RichieBanks and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. mastan

mastan Member

So only if an opportunity comes......

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Allegedly MDA asked about the time in Oakland to prepare for the Warriors series and whether any defence was practised:

"Hell yeah, we worked for a half-hour on it"

10. kjayp

I guess taken out of context?

"We still have all our draft picks going forward"
    would imply to me that from this day forward we have all our draft picks - all our firsts and all our seonds... but obviously we dont have the most immediate first rd pick... we dont have this years 2nd.... we dont have our 2020 2nd rd... we dont have our 2022 2nd rd....
    doesnt seem like 'all our draft picks' to me... lol

"After this year, we still have all our future first rd draft picks" would seem to be a truer statement...

and yes, I understand 2nd rd picks are not a high commodity and can be routinely purchased... but still... either taken out of context - or some intense 'spin' going on... lol

Little Bit and Nook like this.
  11. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Agreed!!

If only we could find an Horry, Elie, and Battier (instead of chasing the Barkley/Pippens of the world)

smp likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh a lot of the trades occur post NBA draft, I think that is the context.

13. kjayp

2nd rd picks are considered part of "all of a teams draft picks going forward" are they not?
    If a team has all of their draft picks for this year - that would be a first rd pick and a 2nd rd pick...
    Even after this years draft - we still do not have "all our draft picks going forward"

...jus sayin...

#33 kjayp, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  14. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Curry, giannis, kawhi are not better players than harden. End of story. That is definitely not The Realist thing I’ve ever heard.

Nook and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Taking the post season into account they most certainly are. I thought Harden would change. Thought this was the year. Rode the Harden is the best in the league all year. Made me look like a fool in the post season.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still haven't gotten over thinking what if Kenneth faried's wife, of all people, forgot to take birth control a week later and how that affects our depth and chances.

We were still that close to let a scrub like Looney beat us

Nook likes this.
  17. jowman

jowman Member

mike can have all the technical skills and know all the right plays but hes not a winner. hes making excuses now that have nothing to do with anything.

how about resting players and developing the bench so that when one player doesnt work we have a back up plan to go with. we had no injuries yet the way he kept his rotation you would think we were the one hampered by injuries and the warriors had a full roster.

the way he interviews just gives off a loser vibe. someone who has all the talent to get to the end and then lose. he either doesnt care or hes taken too many hard L's to go on. sometimes you can only take getting close and losing so many times before you internalize it and project your losing onto your team.

Little Bit and kjayp like this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Man it hurts me to admit it, I read it and wanted to believe it but it’s not true.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

All 3 of those guys are still playing and are putting up better numbers than Harden