1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Kevin Love has been added on Rockets list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 16, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets best move this summer is Durant and Klay moving from the Warriors.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean that wasn’t my point. Some will label him as such, others not.
    He’s still a top 10 available player this summer.

malakas likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

4. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not trading Chris Paul. He is a big part of what the Rockets are trying to do.

The Rockets are likely going to be less risk adverse, so targeting someone like Kevin Love makes some sense.

The Rockets in part are not playing because they lost out on players they wanted at the deadline, guys like Brook Lopez that would fit the Rockets' needs.

The Rockets desperately need long wings that can defend and hit 3's. The length of Trevor Ariza was sorely missed. That is why losing out on JaMychal Green made a big difference to the Rockets.

Gordon and Shumpert and Tucker may not be bad defenders, but they lack the wingspan on switches. The Warriors exploited that quite a bit.

5. Nook

Nook Member

At this point, I think that the Rockets would do that deal if they fail to get Butler or a couple other deals.

Moore can cover multiple spots and both Love and Moore hit 3's well enough to open up the offense.

HP3 likes this.
  6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

KLove would be a game changer.. high IQ... passing and rebounding. It would render the entire opposing team to 1v1 situations. Mcgee can catch lobs all day on pnr. I would hate to see capela roll out. I can’t imagine with his work ethic and coachability not being able to add a 3 point shot in his game.

7. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

KLove complments Tucker and offensively helps Houston. Defensively. A liability, but he rebounds which helps aka Enis Kanter with more range. McGee I guess would be backing up KLove and Capela would be on the trading block with this in mind. Question if you made the trade on draft night could you include Iman for salary purposes to make the trade work. If so that would allow Houston to make a second deal with Eric Gordon being the big fish.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah honestly not seeing what the optimism is about adding him. and someone fresh off signing a new deal in the summer 2018 that isn't playable vs GS. and that's with more than enough sample size

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Anderson was not great on the blocks. That dunk tho.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Look at their respective ages next year, and I'm not so sure. But I do appreciate y'all sharing some Love info and data. I am probably being too snarky about him.

Nook likes this.
  11. RocketsFanBrian

Can be still even stay on the court at this point?

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Same thing can be asked for Porzingis.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dude have you seen Capela shoot free throws? You think he can add the 3 ball to his game at this stage of his career? Dont do that to yourself buddy.

[​IMG]

luckyman76, malakas, Denovo and 3 others like this.
  14. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

The spacing Love would provide would make Harden even more unguardable. At this point no one can stay in front of Harden. Well you can if you give up the step back 3. Pick your poison. We need to space the floor for Harden. Not to mention the pick and pops with Harden and his behind the back passes for a 3 when gets doubled. Or the actual fact Love can pass the ball for a corner 3 as a roller? Unlike those brilliant Capela out of bounds passes. Our switch all defence keeps Capela out of the paint most of the times anyway. Correct me if I’m wrong but he was getting roasted by guards all season long?

joshuaao, Denovo and BigShasta like this.
  15. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I don’t think he makes sense. His perimeter defense is less than Capela’s, if that’s possible and he would take the roll out of the pick. I honestly don’t think this would help.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

KL would be interesting at the 5 for us, mainly because he'd immediately be the best defensive rebounder on the team and he's an elite shooter. His ability to stretch the floor as a center, would open the lanes for Harden and Paul. The games where the lane got congested, we saw what happened to our guys ability to finish. From what I remember Love is also a great outlet passer, which we really haven't had at the center position in many years. This talent could jump start our fast breaks and help with MDA's desire for fast paced scoring. Defensively KL is average interior defender, but he's not Ryan Anderson bad. He would definitely have issues with our switching defense, but I would expect Jeff to make some adjustments to compensate.

Another aspect of KL being a 5 is that Hartenstein could fit in as his back-up. Hart is a decent rebounder and has been improving his overall game. His ability to stretch from floor and pass out of the post fit in with KL's talents as well.

With that said, if we go this route at the 5 we're definitely going to have to modify our offense. Neither of this guys are going to roll like Clint, but they can offer some different skills that this offense hasn't had.

Now if we could somehow add DJ to this mix that would give us a lot of options at 5 that don't include PJ having to play way out of position. For me it will boil down to the cost of acquiring KL. I would hate to lose Butler for KL, but if he becomes the backup plan then so be it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I want jimmy butler a true top 15 player.

I don’t think love is even a top 25 player anymore and he’s injury prone.

He’s not a bad player would help but at 25m that he makes I’m not into that.

I do like his shootings and rebounding but really nothring out.

Now if he made 12-15m a season I’m all for it but he’s paid to much.

lilbird20, Vivi and malakas like this.
  18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

ON GOD!

Houstunna likes this.
  19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Well I'm not big on his defense or health. But he is/can be a tremendous rebounder. I'm with shaking things up. Got to grab who is available to us(Rockets) and not chase pipe dreams or "wait" on guys/teams.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope Love is Plan Z.

seeingred and cheke64 like this.