1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia inv

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mick fry, May 13, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Be more specific about the theory instead of blanket claims of exoneration to makeup whatever reality is convenient to justify your fandom to a wannabe dictator.

-The conspiracy theory that the Trump admin engaged in a criminal conspiracy that could be proven in court beyond a reasonable doubt to warrant charges??... yes, that conspiracy theory was disproven by Mueller which I and everyone I know of on the left accepts.

??

Or

-The conspiracy theory that Trump associates engaged with and solicited help in the election with Russians connected to the Kremlin...

That is proven as a fact. I’m not okay with that regardless if it is technically not a crime and think these actions(many of which involve the president directly) are impeachable offenses, and warrant Congress to investigate further.

You can blab on about “No collusion...No Obstruction!” if you want to. Doesn’t change the fact that anyone not drinking the cool aid almost certainly feel the exact same way I do. You just prove you are in a cult of your own dictatorial desire of power to one man who you feel should be above the law, and able to solicit help from a foreign power who today we found out is building new nuclear subs that can hug the East coast of the United States.

Yeah... you are okay with that. So patriotic of you. I’ll ask again and again until one of has the balls to answer. Replace Trump with Biden and Russia with Iran in 2020.... you cool with that?

Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You hit the nail on the head. I'm not sure why some Americans are okay with that. They don't want to admit they are okay with it, so they pretend like it didn't happen and even try and act like it was proven false. When as you mentioned that isn't true at all.

dobro1229 likes this.
  3. dobro1229

I’ve asked it so many times and not once... not even once have one of the usual suspects here responded to my simple question. Replace Trump with Biden and Russia with Iran, and tell me you are okay with that?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That is not a proven fact, it's completely opposite of fact. You seem to be following this sort of conspiracy nutter situation where communications with someone whose russian, is somehow communication with some sort of kremlin intermediary. The only actual intermediary they talked with was an ambassador and a press secretary (which never amounted to anything), and neither of these were of any sort of secretive nature (yes we know who ambassadors work for).

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It actually is a proven fact. Trump Jr's email is only one piece among many of pretty solid evidence. You may also want to check out Flynn's contacts and work for people within the Russian government.

When Kushner is, in fact, offering to set up back-channel communication with members of the Russian government that is pretty solid evidence.

Someone who is in contact and working for Russian government officials but isn't a member of the Russian government but is offering to do work and make deals using their connections to the Russian government is also pretty solid evidence. That person is an intermediary. At least one has already pled guilty.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would guess that we need to let this investigation play out like we did with the mueller one. Quit being so easily offended

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

We can. That isn't a problem. What is a problem is that this investigation doesn't have the level of evidence that the Mueller investigation did when it began.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You are sure right about that. The evidence that they have to begin the current investigation is far more.

cml750 likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Trumpanzees not realizing what they are asking for and will actually bolster the case against Trump.

Too good (also Stupid) to be true.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cml750 and mick fry like this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Remember the actual Mueller investigation we had where it was handled professionally and he wasn't going on right-wing or left-wing news programs to spout propaganda about the subject of the investigation?

It would be nice to see more impartial investigations like that.

No Worries likes this.
  15. larsv8

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Who’s far-ing and who’s the idiot?

cml750 likes this.
  17. larsv8

you

18. dobro1229

Didn’t Comey get fired for going public to shape narrative when people weren’t being charged with crimes?

That was the whole pretense for Comey being fired (until Trump revealed like a blabbering idiot what the true intentions were).

Malfeasance by the FBI or not, why are you okay with the top law official in public office trying to shape narrative instead of allowing his office to investigate and rely on facts and ultimately prosecutable crimes?

Truth is of course you don’t care if it’s your team trying to score political points in your mind. Barr is just proving more and more every day that he’s a hack who has destroyed the credibility of the justice department.

Good news for America though is his office can’t just jail someone without a fair trial still in this country. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.... good luck putting guys like Jim Baker and Andrew McCabe on trial for crimes like... leaking I guess? I dunno know what exactly the underlining crime is here. Other than not being a Trump sycophant.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

if you use the term 'black hat', the lefties on this board get very angry and confused. You can try a picture instead but i think you will get the same response.

cml750 likes this.