1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: I know exactly what we need to do

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2019.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

"Don't pan out?" The Rockets have failed to win it ALL, like 29 teams do every year and like every Rockets team excepting 94-95 have. Not winning it all isn't failure, especially against the team that's considered to be the best in the history of the NBA. Rockets have been more than competitive in each of the years above. As a fan, I can't ask more than that.

No team knocked the Michael Jordan Bulls off their perch either. That doesn't mean every team during that era "didn't pan out."

If the standard for GM's (or coaches) is winning a championship we'd see 29 GM's and coaches fired each and every year.

Patience, lilbird20, The_Yoyo and 3 others like this.
  2. mastan

mastan Member

Orlando Magic beat Chicago Bulls with Michael Jordan playing.. and Rockets beat Orlando in the finals for 2nd championship.

3. mastan

mastan Member

low life..what has join date to do with anything? If I posted something wrong refute it...else don't bother.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I call bs. Had Adam Silver thought that Harden cant do it alone he wouldnt have ordered the refs to steal the game 1. But Adam Silver was smarter than that. He knew HARDEN ALONE IS ENOUGH to win it all. And thats why the rigg job.
    Harden is the GOAT.
    PERIOD

#264 hakeem94, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

particularly when they see that the refs and the league office have it in for the rockets

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

14 pages in...

Anyone know wtf he's talking about?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TMZ reported that the first thing he did after the quote is jetting to South Beach and party his brains out.

What he can do though, perfect his game even more, but I doubt he can all of a sudden move well without the ball.

Recruit top free agents.........call Morey to get better players.

(maybe concocting a plan to go elsewhere/but that is for the future.)

The decision is in Fertitta's hands.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. Morey's biggest failure as a GM by far was finally putting a superstar-driven top-level team together right around the same time an all-time super power came together in Golden State.

Deuce, Patience and jordnnnn like this.
  10. JayZ750

Got me... he's the one who said it...

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It sounds more like he wanted to defeat GSW on his own, which hasn't helped anyone.

He should find a way to improve the system in which everyone is playing.

12. JayZ750

Luck certainly plays a role at times.

Remember when Howard was a free agent, the Warriors were on his list, and Joe Lacob really wanted Howard, and there was the thought that if Howard chose Golden State, they would entertain something like Klay/Harrison for Dwight.

Instead, Howard chose Houston, much to DM's and Rockets fans delight, and Golden State moved on to acquire Iguodala, and the rest is history....

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. JayZ750

Even if he wanted to, at this point I honestly don't think Harden can change the system. His system. It'd be a multi-year process at least. He plays the way he plays. Best he can do is add to that and hope DM gets even more talent.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yeah, he was talking about hitting South Beach

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yall mad that he has the time and money to go party? Like he’s supposed to sit and grumble on the Internet for the next 5 months like y’all will.

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

everyone has lost any remaining interest in the rockets remaining contenders. Reporters, and the few from ESPN who believed we had a chance, have now lost it. Everyone will watch us in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs with a straight face, unless we can make it to the finals.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Would you rather him make it up as he goes along? Saying I’m not sure or I need to see what happened when you aren’t sure seems like a smart answer to me.

Patience likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he can't back it up, it's just a hollow quote.

'I know exactly what the 'entire team' has to do' 'doesn't mean squat if he can't change anything.....

And I bet fans are 90% overthinking it, he probably just meant he and his teammates have to work harder.

And why didn't they do it in Gm 5 and Gm 6?

19. rockets13champs

I like it

amaru likes this.
  20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I know you’re a friend of Morey’s but come on. Even he would admit that winning a championship is the standard that he’s judged by. You criticize me saying “didn’t pan out” and then drop a completely meaningless phrase in “Rockets have been more than competitive.” What’s your standard for competitiveness? We weren’t even a top-5 team each of those years. It’s fact that some of his moves to build a cast around Harden have failed. Your comment doesn’t even reference the current situation—how about Capela and Paul? Even without the Warriors around we are not winning a championship with that combo.