1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Heart. No Fire.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, May 10, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That’s it in a nutshell. Yeah, game one was utter bullshit but we laid down like whipped dogs in game two instead of nutting up and saying, F-it, let’s play these suckers 8-5. We laid down in game five and just played scared in game six when we should have put our foot on their throats and stood up.

I’m an optimist. But this squad needs a real leader or we will never win against anyone. The Paul trade is a disaster because the guys we traded had a pair. It’s T-Mac all over again.

2. Xerobull

After sleeping on our loss, I still feel like this is true. We have the talent but we don't have the motivation. Bunch of spoiled millionaires.

You can't be hungry if you're full.

PeterKingX, Manos and daywalker02 like this.
  3. rockets13champs

Eh it comes down to getting the best shot and forgetting analytics and flopping during crucial moments. We need to reintroduce midrange shots in deep playoff games Bc due to our analytics system our offense is really predictable deep in games. We had the heart just half the players didn’t have the IQ. After looking at what champions in Kawhi, Lebron and Curry do in crucial moments the key difference is our stars are afraid of the moment. those will take the shot at the end of the game. Due to our system it’s hard to find harden late in games due to the great defense of some teams. Maybe we need to work on those plays. But harden must be taking all the GW shots. With exception of Paul or Gordon if they’re open

burlesk likes this.
  4. Manos

Manos Member

It didn't seem like there was any sense of urgency, no intensity. The season was on the line, but they played like we were up 3-0 and going to play the next game at home. This was an elimination game, but you wouldn't have known by watching them play. Such a disappointment...

5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we got robbed in game 1. we had 3 days rest versus 1 days for them and the NBA made sure to let them hold home court, not calling those fouls. its utter robbery.

in game 5 and 6 they were calling charges on EG and Paul when the defender was moving their feet. its should have been a foul on them. those calls effect a game drastically....

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

This guy disagrees:

[​IMG]

crimsonghost, burlesk and Xerobull like this.
  7. Xerobull

True. To be fair, if he jumped in a time machine, he would be an average American right now.

BigggReddd, Ottomaton and topfive like this.
  8. Xerobull

No, dude. We had to nut up and overcome those calls, instead of knuckling under and using them as an excuse. Look at what Portland did. Don't quit no matter what. Games 3 and 4 were money. The rest of the series....suck.

9. NateNate

NateNate Member

I’ve said this and to me it’s the biggest indictment of our team and culture, but at no point in this series should intensity have been a question. We were supposed to be the hungry team right? Not the team that needed motivation because they’ve won multiple championships already.

Manos likes this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Interesting, we upgraded in talent, but downgraded in heart and hussle. Look at what Bev and Montrez brought to that Clippers team this season. They had no business taking two games from the Warriors, at Oracle no less. We also got bounced 4-2, but with two MVP, hall of fame players in Harden and Paul. Pathetic.

How adding Butler is even remotely feasible is beyond me. How many times are we going to be able to add a Rivers, a Faried, a Josh Smith, to save our season?

So now Paul gets even another year removed from his prime and Harden turns 30. Capela has some major soul searching to do after his abomination of a performance vs. the Warriors. Tucker we run into the ground every year, how long until he gets a flat tire? I'd like to believe this teams window isn't closed, but without an overhaul, better perimeter defense, and better overall team shooting, I'm convinced we missed our chance in the "Harden era" unfortunately.

burlesk likes this.
  11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Morey: heart and fire cannot be proven statistically so therefore they are worthless.

PeterKingX likes this.
  12. shlhl

shlhl Member

People laugh at me when I say that we lose Pat,Montrel and Lou williams for a deteriated CP a couple month ago. CP will get worse next year.

PeterKingX and burlesk like this.
  13. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

rockets has two chocker on the team...need to get rid of one.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Better team won bro...Its that simple

burlesk likes this.
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lost momentum in the 4th. More to do with how the offense is built rather than leadership. There is so much a floor leader can do. I don't doubt every one of them wants to win that game. In the end, they were worn down.

burlesk likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well said.

DD

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry to say that I agree with this diagnosis. What I saw in Game 6 was a lack of the will to win. When you have the will to win, you close out and box out and rebound and fight for loose balls. At home, with the crowd behind you, you attack the basket. You send a message that your time has come. When KD is out and Curry and Green are on the bench, you punish the scrubs in front of you. You play like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't.

PJ Tucker played like a man. Chris Paul fought for some rebounds and loose balls. James Harden played some aggressive, opportunistic defense. There were flashes.

But overall, we were too lackadaisical. Squandering 15 seconds of every shot clock. Playing not to lose. Settling for 3's when we could have imposed our will. Ball watching like children, while a team fat with championships crashed the boards and stole rebounds.

I don't believe a trade will solve this problem. I think our guys, for all their talent, are weak inside.

Manos and BaselineFade like this.
  18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Gordon allowed the early technical to take him out of the game. Gordon didn't score a bucket last six minutes.

Ariza would have got a bucket in the last six of the game, ariza could have read a passing lane late with defensive play making.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Feart, No Hire