1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The difference between Harden and superstars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, May 12, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think he stays idle either but realistically, I also don't think much changes as far as the immediate core of the team. we're stuck with it for better or worse.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't know. they are part of the series sure but I'd consider the rest of the series much more crucial considering the circumstances at hand

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

We need Rockets to play in the eastern conference. lol. everything is warriors fault?

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

U might be right but it could be worse.

I’m bummed out cause I’m not watching my team play anymore.

But until I see some other team beat the warriors or even keep every game with 6 like houston did it’s hard for me to judge what’s really being done.

Maybe no team can beat them? Terrible way to think but they got extremely lucky getting KD. He becomes a FA the summer of the massive cap spike. Curry is on a 10m a year deal it just happened perfect for them.

I do think their core without KD is beatble but u gotta play with more force like games 3 and 4 and if they did were likely getting ready to play Portland.

When u look at our roster it is really talented do I wish cp3 was 4 years younger? Yes. But a team with harden cp3 Gordon Clint tucker rivers shump should be good enough and there is something missing with this team.

ya by Green was in the game in the 4th up 7? Blows my mind MDA should be on the hot seat for that and that alone.

I like green his houston through and through but there is a reason he’s on a minimum contract and played for 10+ teams or whatever. He’s a regular season player.

Shump would not have made the wrong play there he might have missed some threes but he’s not botching a 3 on 1 fast break.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, lots of guys figure it out. LeBron used to catch all sorts of crap for either missing clutch shots or passing the ball to teammates (who were usually wide-open). James is a hard worker to wills himself to improve every year. I have no reason to think he won't figure this out, too. Hopefully by next year.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm just looking at our guys, the contracts, Capela/CP3/Harden is supposed to be our 3 guys...1 of those guys was downright terrible for the entire series. The other guy was very meh until the very last game. The other guy was carrying the team offensively.

I guess my point is...the reason we are not a championship team is not because of Harden. He takes the blame for not being clutch...but these other guys for me take more of the blame. If Capela is even average...just average...we probably win this series...and it's not like Capela is an end of bench guy, it's not like I'm blaming Shump...he's getting paid, 5 year 90m, he needs to play like a 90 million dollar player.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess this is where I'm at.

I think it is better to be where we're at then drafting top 3 and hoping the guy we draft is worth the pick AND that we could build a team around the player fast enough to keep him around.

It's very hard to even get where we are at right now.

YaoMing#1 and smp like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

everyone has their share of the blame but for me these games were winnable despite all of this and I just expect someone who is fully capable to just be that. sometimes that's just the difference between going home and moving on. If i go down, I want to go down knowing harden absolutely tried to lay it all on the line. but that's just something I've come to hope to see from him.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

honestly, I have to admit the clips taking 2 games and both of which at Oracle is pretty impressive where they've been pretty much unbeatable. Whether people want to say GS didn't take them seriously or not, that is definitely very significant.

I agree. it was really night and day. the rockets playing like games 3/4 were nothing like the remaining games.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  10. payaso

payaso Member

Maybe give him back some of his mid-range game in ball-rotation offensive sets? He really is high-percentage around the elbows / in the paint. Give a bigger share of 3pt attempts to Gordy shaking free in the same set.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

My eye test ...

1- critical TOs at exactly the wrong times including unforced TO like pushing your defender away

2- lack of urgency; walking the ball up court when you are down and there are only a few possessions left... waiting to the last seconds to make his moves.

Those are the two main uniqueness of Harden. They are usually fine but not in a must win games or must score possessions.

Harden made plenty of big shots and he is a great passer... but he waste too many possessions.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yet if the Warriors sweep the Blazers this year, that will be the 3rd year in a row.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can hope so if you want. Im certainly not expecting that, especially without KD

14. dmoneybangbang

Aside from Curry, all of those guys are scoring wings/forwards. It’s like size and length is important in the NBA.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Has nothing to do with hope, if the Blazers get swept, it's the third straight year. It's just a fact.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're using IF. of course it has something to do with hope.

the blazers are now in the wcf. it's just a fact.....

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree, the Rockets wing players are too small. They need bigger wings.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Rockets went 7 with the Warriors in the WCF last year. After the Blazers were swept by the PELICANS.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's great. is that ribbon on your wall

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nah, just stating the obvious as you have.

I love basketball and just hope that Lillard doesn't get swept for a 3rd straight year.