1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Wish they brought in these guys in the last episode to rebuild King's Landing. The only thing that could make the final episode interesting and some partial redemption for this season.

Would love to see what these two can do with the Red Keep renovation.

[​IMG]

Vanilla Thunder likes this.
  2. cebu

cebu Member

after this show, GRRM would have a better material to finish his book. even just reading from this website. :)

you can't really blame Dany after all the betrayals from people from both aisles, love ones and enemies, and the murder her beloved Missandei, and death of her 2 children dragons, and she did not eat well before the battle. It's the perfect recipe for madness.

We're going to watch a reenactment of Saddam Hussein's take over of Iraq in ep6.

Hakeemtheking and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

According to the actor that played Barristan Selmy, GRRM has finished the books and had an agreement not to release them until the show concludes. Starts at 31:42 below.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If that's true it will be fascinating.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dont forget Cersai had no love for the people of kings landing either... They were the same people that spit on her during the walk of atonement. She led them to the slaughter.

Hakeemtheking and mikol13 like this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

knowing how walking dead-esque the writing has become here is my prediction for final scene...

jamie and cersi in exile on an island. cersi gives birth to a baby boy and jamie holds him up into the sunlight and proclaims "the future lord of the seven kingdoms."

Zboy likes this.
  7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Cue "The Circle of Life" song

jo mama and justtxyank like this.
  8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Then Arya shows up and shanks them all wearing the face of GRRM.

jo mama and justtxyank like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Except she literally had no reason to do what she did. It would align with her character development that she will take the throne at all cost. That, I'm willing to believe and accept. I'm willing to believe that her ambition crossed with recent major losses that topped off with probably the only person she has left that she cares about rejecting her, can see her taking the throne by any means necessary.

But she HAD the throne. And she accomplished it by minimizing civilian deaths and only targeting naval war ships, battlements and troops. But then dem magic bells played and she's like "**** it, I'm gonna to mow the entire population of 1 million inhabitants with fire like they are a bed of fire ants". Why? After 7 seasons of character build up showing that no matter the dire situation, she would never target innocent civilians and whenever she accidentally did, she showed immense remorse to the point of caging what she considered her children...

After seven seasons of that, in a span of half an hour, she did more irredeemable slaughter than the supposed main villans, Cersi and the Night King, did in a course of 8 season.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

thank you.

And like I said....**** writing compensating by giving the audience shock factor. "OH MY GOD SHE DID WAAATTTT"

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Varys got the word out about Jon. I'm sure Dragons are better claim to the throne than rules.

Only thing left is to see if Jon dies.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

She had no reason to do what she did. But in a way, she had every reason to. Like when Michael Douglas' character goes postal in Falling Down, Dany heard those bells and just... snapped. All those dominoes fell in such a way that she'd be left without her advisors, her friends, her confidantes, and her lovers. She just went mad. And if you consider that a Targaryen is ultimately benevolent or malevolent, it just makes sense that a voice in her head would scream, "Dracarys" at that moment.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. hooroo

hooroo Member

GRRM has been saying his story and ending is very different. When he's said this, he's empahsized his story is called, "A Song of Ice and Fire". While the show is called "GOT".

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Anticope

Anticope Member

You nailed it. Her having to kill innocent civilians would've made sense if it was the only way that she was able to take the throne, which is what they seemed to be setting up for. Instead, after she'd already won the battle, she decided to go on a murderous rampage that is the antithesis of what her character has been for 8 seasons. Now she's exactly what she claimed she'd never be, "queen of the ashes."

This was just so poorly done that it makes me angry and not because I'm a hater but because I've loved this show and I just can't believe that this is the direction they took it in. Now every time I re-watch and see Daenerys' scenes I'm going to think to myself "What the hell is the point of this? She just becomes a murdering tyrant in the end out of nowhere."

#1595 Anticope, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    cml750 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I read somewhere that the show runners were offered two more full seasons to the current one and they declined. Seems like they were probably missing out on more lucrative deals. Don't blame them as this probably holds true for the actors as well. You really need to switch off your brain to enjoy the show now.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She halted a long moment, almost with tears in her eyes, then she got mad after hearing the ringing of bells.......'Fk it!'.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He also said that he told D/D the ending. Also, the vision sequence with Dany was with book material. They got that from the books.

His ending will be different but that's because there are characters in the books not in the show.

Will Mad Queen Dany be different? Will Arya killing the Night King be different? He considers it different because he's also talking about all the things in between.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

GRRM wanted 10 season. HBO were willing to extend the budget and approved 12 episodes for seasons 6, 7, & 8. All the actors were on board with filming more episodes.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't remember the details, but there was part when Dany said that all she had was to rule by fear. I think they're terrified now.