1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Lame deaths. Did you see the look grey worm gave Jon when he was holding back his men? Something has to come of that.

I'm pretty let down by it, but maybe because the good guys became the bad guys. Maybe that was intentional? Idk.

MiddleMan and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't totally agree. Beheading people in the way back, burning the tarleys last season -- not good signs, and losing two dragon kids out of misplaced ew lust for a relative was too much for her, to be charitable.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I thought it was a great episode. Glad I'm still enjoying it rather than b****ing about it constantly.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Exactly. You’ve seen it coming for a long time.

People clamoring for deaths of the mainstays all season, said deaths happen and everyone complaining how they happened.

I’m still processing. About to watch it again.

I did enjoy it.

K mf G, tmoney1101, BigM and 2 others like this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I enjoyed it but it felt too straight-forward for a GoT episode. I was wanting another twist in there somewhere. And, how come they were shooting arrows out of unison?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Shitty shitty writing. The D&D don't understand Dany's character and simply looking for shock value. So all of a sudden Drogon can take out all the scoprions and the iron fleet?

GRRM is rolling over right but he brought this on himself.

astros123, GotGame15 and Zboy like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I enjoyed it. Pretty much had to do this with her character. Only gripe was that the crossbow/dragon power is inconsistent. Last week the dragons looked totally worthless, this week everyone forgot how to aim. To be honest, this is how I expected and wanted the dragons to be played, all out destroyers. But that aside, looking forward to next week.

8. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

So why did Danny spare Tyrion life? He told Varys the info from Sansa. And Jon was just watching it unfold. So Varys death is on Jons hands. Better yet the massacre of innocents is on Jon’s hands.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

They just needed one good shot. But at least 0-27 isn't the worst record now.

kubli9, Dgn1, Hakeemtheking and 10 others like this.
  10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Gonna make my prediction.

Dany has Jon killed for being a traitor as Grey Worm watched him try to stop the attack

Since they have turned her into the worst villian in show history she has to be thinking he needs to die since he has a claim

He goes out Ned style...starks don’t do well in KL

Arya kills Dany somehow.

Gendry becomes king and Sansa rules the north.

Perhaps Dany has Tyrion killed as well before she dies just to make the character that much less likable

justtxyank likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Varys dying the way he did was classic GoT imo. The one man that cared about the right thing and he died for it.

Jaime and Cersei came in this world together and left it together. Expected a little more drama with that, but don’t have a problem with it. They were far too connected to not die for and with one another.

#1451 mikol13, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  12. plates300

plates300 Member

Dany doing exactly what she wanted to begin with...destroy everything in King’s Landing with the dragons and take over. It’s been her plan all along but she tried to be “the merciful ruler” and somewhat tried to listen to Tyrion. Last weeks episode was just to push it over the top and add the rage element to it. We all knew when the bells rang Dany was going HAM on Kings Landing. I do feel like Cersei got off easy but don’t have too much of a problem with her and Jaime dying together. Good episode.

#1452 plates300, May 12, 2019
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

It was visually stunning . Would have really preferred more from Cersi but she just cried.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Brienne/hound fight was far better than celgane bowl. Was less CGI garbage.

donkeypunch, BigM and justtxyank like this.
  15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Solid episode. I actually preferred Jaime going to die with Cersei over the theory that he was going to kill her.

Is the mountain fighting on PCP? Took a knife through the brain and was trying to pull it out?

#1455 The Real Shady, May 12, 2019
    B-Bob, BigM and Harrisment like this.
  16. AstrosRockets1818

Great episode.
    1 more to go. Enjoy it.

The people b****ing will prob never be happy in life. Pathetic losers

Harrisment likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

But she had a sense in those circumstances of doing it for a reason. Murdering thousands of innocent people goes against her character historically.

I just in general think they've done a poor job with her character all along.

GotGame15, Zboy, arkoe and 3 others like this.
  18. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Jon the real bad guy.

He gives his aunt some good D and everyone lives. Instead she's alone and scared.

Vitamin D would have saved the realm.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Was he not willing to be her lover anymore? That seemed odd to me. He said he loved her and then didn't want to give it to her.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah I think the question now is does Dany kill Jon Snow and or Tyrion before someone kills her. I think one of those two make it but not both. Arya probably gets Dany but doesn’t make it to the end. Sansa and Gendry are around in some capacity at the end.