1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you regret the Cp3 trade now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, May 11, 2019.

?

Do you wish Morey never pulled the trigger on Cp3?

1. Yes

122 vote(s)
    49.8%
  2. No

123 vote(s)
    50.2%
  1. nemac

nemac Member

The signing came with the trade, ie a verbal agreement for max, or he goes elsewhere for max. Team knew what it was getting into. So it's either we regret going the cp3 direction or not, can't have bit of both

2. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Lou was awful here.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not regretting. We took our chances and we lost. But at least we went after it.
    Now it is time to pay the price for the gamble.

mikol13, GermanRoxFan, bmelo and 3 others like this.
  4. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Giannis won't resign there. Milwaukee is a very racist city and he's been surprisingly candid about this.

5. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You think those were mutually exclusive decisions? lol. Not me.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

regretted it as soon as i found out who we lost for him

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul wasn't his best this season but he did bring it to game 6. Harden and Paul weren't the reason we lost.

We lost because Curry and Thompson played better, and had better support from their role players.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

A diminishing CP3 and his ridiculous contract is going to be an albatross to future Rockets personnel needs. In retrospect, we’d been better off with keeping the players we traded for him.

9. andersongo

andersongo Member

Milwaukee is a liberal bastion.

10. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Buy a vowel, TrumpTrash.

Here's Peter Feigin, owner of the Bucks:

“Very bluntly, Milwaukee is the most segregated, racist place I’ve ever experienced in my life. It just is a place that is antiquated. It is in desperate need of repair and has happened for a long, long time.”

11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I would rather have Montrezl than Clint next year.

12. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Hindsight is 20/20. Lou/Montrez/Bev looked great this playoffs and cp3 didn't, but having those pieces, we lost to the spurs without Kawhi. Did they magically get better? I don't know, maybe some, but I think they were just in better spots to utilize their strengths.

I grew tired of watching bev just hand the ball off to James and sit in the corner (like of like Rafer to tmac did), so it baffles me that we make cp3 do the same thing. Lou williams didn't fit in with Eric Gordon at the same time ... but ya if we had him as our 6th man now that EG is a starter, it would be nice. Montrez barely got playing time with us and I think we had a cheaper version of him in Faried, who never played a minute in the warriors series.

13. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

But in all honesty, I think our best shot at having 2 legitimate stars was last year, and most of us can agree that if paul didn't go down last year, we had an even better shot than this year ... somehow. Was it worth it to make the trade for going all-in for one year? I think so. It sucks that it went down the way it did and no one here can really justify what we paid cp3 to resign, but last year's team was the best rockets' team we've seen since we won the whole thing imo. And a lot of that had to do with the guy we traded 3 legit role players for. Last year's team was amazing.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If you really hated Trump, you wouldn't write his name in this basketball forum.

Step back and realize you're trying to turn a thread about Chris Paul's trade into racism. His comment about Milwaukee being liberal was stupid and irrelevant, yet correct. And you responded with unwarranted ad hominem.

We all like posting on Clutchfans because this kind of Twitter-quality political hijacking doesn't happen here.

I'm still OK with the Chris Paul trade because the value of those other pieces wouldn't have helped us move the needle. Lou didn't coexist well with Gordon here and we could not afford another defensive weak link. Montrezl has evolved to be a great player but Faried was 3/4 of Montrezl and we didn't even play him in the series. Paul got us the 2018 series we needed, and fate decided that he should get injured.

What let us down was awful play by Capela, a lack of a second PF/C (which we've been yelling for for two years now) and Tucker being undersized for rebounds. Tucker has all the heart but if he was 6'9 he'd have 25 rebounds per game. The Chris Paul contract hurts a lot more than the Chris Paul trade just because it ruins our ability to balance out the frontcourt with our great backcourt.

I'm mostly interested to see what people think Hartenstein's trajectory will be. I just don't think you can teach foot speed, so I don't know if he'll ever survive in the NBA.

#94 napalm06, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    BigggReddd and MorningZippo like this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

AWWWWWWFUL

Huge revisionist history going on with this trade

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is very overlooked. He was a very poor fit with that team. He definitely would not have resigned here like he did with the clips.

17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I've never liked Chris Paul but I don't regret the Rockets trading for him even though I do sometimes drop and shake my head side to side when rooting for him.

18. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

19. dmoneybangbang

It is what it is. Without the CP3 trade we would have the opportunity to be better and be worse.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

It was a mistake to start with. Too much for too little. We traded a whole team for one player. Plus we traded younger players for an older player. Harrell has turned out to be a beast, a kind of Draymond Green type of player.