1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018-2019 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gogispade, May 11, 2019.

1. gogispade

gogispade Member

How would you sum up all the highlist of the season in a few sentences / describe season tru ur eyes.

I'd probably go someting like:

- Bad start to the season - CPs suspension, Jimmys injuries.
    - Chris Paul back, Houston take the the Nets game on 3/11 with that 119-111 win for which the team really had to fight for.
    - CP goes down, we sign Rivers on christmas eve.
    - Melo gone for good, hello Shump.
    - Harden starting that 30pt streak while Danuel House started showig flashes of pretty good role player, Gary Clark - who dis?
    - Capela down, the arrival of Manimal
    - Harden on hot streak, story at allstar weekend; "Jimmy doesnt like the type he plays in houston."
    - CP back to full strenght(?), CC hungry back on the floor.
    - 30pt streak ends, Beard = MVP?
    - SOLID bench. Rivers, House, Manimal, Shump, Nene..
    - Which seed will we land? (One of the main reasons, why we lost this series. I think if we play game 1 or 2 on the home floor, which i think we were cable to do it, that would be big factor for Jimmys confidence)
    - 4 seed, knowing we take on the warriors in 2 round.
    - First two dominating games against Utah were making feeling good for our rocket fans
    - L and 2 close games, weird defense on Harden, Capela picking up his game, still sick.
    - 2 close in Oracle, Capela biting his toung, for the " I want the warriors."
    - WIN! PJ the hustler, Respect!
    - KD out, Harden not shooting, failed again in the closing out.
    - cyberx posting MDAs on a hot seat if not taking the team to the next series.
    - Another game six melt down in Toyota center. Alot of similar things to the Spurs series. Main opposing team player out, the biggest difference is this : James Harden didnt choke, his supporting cast did.
    - Future? Jmmy Butler? Hardens good frend? James already knows what to do over the summer? Are we really like the Raptors of the west? MVP to Greek freak?

Im really sorry for Harden for wasting his prime in front of our eyes, with teammate ****ups like Dwight Howard, D-mo, Lin, Brewer.. not saying CP is in that group but he should do more becouse of his big fat contract which will probably denied every attepmt to get Jimmy the help he deserve to take on the best in this leauge.

Ur thoughts?

#1 gogispade, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. i3artow i3aller

MVP season by Harden. Incredibly close series vs one of the best if not the best team ever assembled. None of our off-season bets really paid off this year. I'd say our window is far from closed. It was a hell of a season, folks. Houston is really only a Jimmy Butler away from dominance. Game six was a tough loss, but everyone needs to keep their head up.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Nothing but love for James Harden, who carried this team through a ridiculous amount of injuries this season. It sucks to finish the season the way this team did but I have a ton of faith in the organization to get right back here next season.

Lurch likes this.