1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

So how hot is that seat now? Can't wait!

As for Butler, I think he left Minney because he could sniff the BS. Wonder what he thinks about us now?

First step toward not fooling ourselves: fire MDA, and hire Ty Lue or Mark Jackson. Anybody who can keep it 100 with Harden.

amaru, BigShasta, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, even though i've never been a fan of Mike i think he did a good job here, not thrilled by his coaching in this series but eh...

As for Butler, i really hope he wants to be here and we make it happen, i don't care about who thinks he's a cancer because he wanted out of two of the worst organizations in the league, in fact i respect him even more for that, he said he wants to win and asked out from the freaking Bulls and Wolves, seems coherent to me. And i don't care about who thinks he's overrated, facts have shown the guy is a difference maker and comes up big when it matters.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was the same problem the Rockets had under McFail. Remember Game 1 vs a CP3-less Clippers in 2015? Harden is a great player, but he needs a Pop-like mentor who'll get in his face and challenge him. It's not enough for Morey and Tillman to sit back and say "well, we just need more talent" or "it's on the players to go out there and make plays". Coaching does matter. Especially in the playoffs. D'Antoni doesn't seem prepared to make adjustments or get his guys up for games, especially after tough losses.

I don't know who's out there who's capable of doing that. And I get that Rockets management may be hesitant to roll the dice on a young, untested coach when we're at the tail end of this core's title window. But I think it would be a huge mistake to bring D'Antoni back. He's been coaching for a decade and a half and it's always the same story with him. Great regular season. Underachieving postseason. To think next year would end any differently is foolish.

4. payaso

payaso Member

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could care less. We will still be Harden ISO.

Crashlanded19 and lw17 like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Butler gonna go park his ass in the corner & wait for a pass like Ariza & Tucker :D

RyanB likes this.
  7. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]

JazzLakerHater, RyanB and J.R. like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You've all been trolled.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

How does this happen? Apparently, with FOUR first round draft picks.

Man, talk about going all in. $40M per for CP3, then trading away the entire future to make up for that not really being worth it? I'm sure part of the thinking (on both sides, mind you) is that there will be LATE first round picks, which is a lot like a 3rd or 4th round pick in the NFL (about positions positions in the NFL...so you could be drafting 20th and still get the best player at a given position...only really 4 positions in basketball, so you get out of the top 5-10, and you're looking at the 3rd or 4th best player at that position). So I guess it makes sense for Rockets. Does it for Philly?

10. rockets13champs

@Morey we need to tinker the system. Get more ball movement.

roslolian likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

his name is literally jimmer.

J.R. likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He is good. If caplea can exchange with AD and he can also come, we can beat warriors. I hope Morey and Tilman can give 2 top salaries and pay the tax.

Harden vs Thompson
    Cp3 vs curry
    AD vs Cousins
    bulter vs KD
    green vs tucker

eg3 vs igouda

13. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Jimmy and DJ are very close. I think they're going to be a package deal this summer.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ty Lue or Mark Jackson?!?!

Cmon man we hate Dumbtoni for not coaching those guys are even more clueless. I'd rather they hire an assistant coach somewhere who is young, defesnive oriented and analytics driven. Recycling these old names is pointless, they got fired for a reason.

15. jowman

jowman Member

We should just go get Cousins. He'll be cheap and we got nothing to lose. If worried about injuries just play Capela in reg season til Cousins recovers then play him in playoffs.

Need to shake things up

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Ok, I honestly am pulling for Ty Lue for the Lebron sweepstakes - WHADDUP!

Mark Jackson, he can preach and was dealt the same hand as Sam Hinkie. When it comes to drawing up plays, I'm cool with CP3 yanking the clipboard from their hands. But finding someone who can light a fire in Harden's soul is what we lacking. Harden really let me down - not for his production but I want him to go out blazing - hit or miss. Off Rtg was great but not once did he have them on their heels.

Harden never tapped into Super Ultra Instinct mode.

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Marc Jackson is the same as MDA, clap clap systems coach who doesn't know how to coach or make adjustments.

Look at all the succesful coaches in the NBA today: Popvich, Kerr, Budenholzer, even freaking Nick Nurse. All of them are great at Xs and Os. "Fire" is nonsensical, Harden is already one of the best players in the league what can fire do? We need a guy who can draw plays and make an actual gameplan to winning instead of just handing the ball to Harden letting him ISO and clap clap for the best.

Harden is like a genius student needing a mentor to teach him the finer points of gamesmanship. We need a tactical mastermind not another player's coach who will just enable his bad tendencies.

I know we have Harden and Cp3 but asking them to do the actual coaching is pretty dumb, you think Curry will go off for 40 if he has to worry about adjustments on top of playing? The players' focus has to be on winning the game not doing the coaches' jobs for them.

The trend I'm seeing is players who do the coaching like Lebron and Cp3 fail while players who just concentrate on their game like Kawhi, Curry and Giannis are succeeding.

All Harden should be responsibpe for is getting the ball to the hoop, why is he the one getting bombarded by data by the asst coaches and needing to decide which plays to run? Timeouts should be used for him to rest and decompress yet apparently asst coaches are handing him ipads woth data he needs to analyze and asking him to make split second decisions to counter what opponent is doing. Wtf thats just a lot of strain for somebody tryin to catch his breath on the bench.

We've been doing this for 4 yrs now if it hasnt worked it never will.

#258 roslolian, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Reeko and bulkatron like this.
  19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

How about this: gimme a coach who will tell Harden to stop taking 18 seconds to get the switch on Steph. That's all I want. I just don't think MDA has the gusto to tell that to Harden.

roslolian likes this.
  20. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Literally EVERY coach not named popovich has/will be fired.....