1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We’re just not talented enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, May 11, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Sky is falling. Its true this was our big chance. Rockets blew it. We seemingly got used to durant, were playing better then he got hurt and we had to start over. Besides tucker, they didnt have heart of champion. It should have been a throat stomp instead they let it stay too close and curry is still curry.

Rockets nexr year should still be close to top 4 team in west.
    The question will be what we get in replacing gordon as to how much we go up or down. I dont know what happens to guys like green shumpert faried but i see all them being gone.
    We will still be behind gs even when durant leaves. Until we can show we can beat curry and steve kerr team it almost doesnt matter what guys like thompson and durant do. Durant will probably go to ny so thats another middle road east team.
    Will be interesting to see how much clippers makes that jump with leonard.
    So in west it will be
    1) gs
    2) lakers (anthony davis)
    3) clippers
    4) rockets ? Portland? Improved mavs?

If we can add a guy like jimmy butler to a team of cp3 harden capela as core I still think we are a contender against gs with curry, anthony davis with lebron, or clips with kwahi.

Not convincing but contender. I dont think anyone will want cp3. Capela could yield something nice in a trade but everyone needs rim protection and some points albeit not against gs. So its a core of harden cp3 capela for 2 more seasons.

I know morey will add something to that though.

2. igotwhipscollectingdust

I saw Harden blatantly push off on Draymond down two with the ball to get called for a turnover and then inbound the ball to Klay when they were down five. Those two plays effectively sealed the game for the Warriors. Our star wasn’t good enough.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And he has the talent to be better. Not a talent issue imo

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We also have stars who don’t want it bad enough and fold. And a coach who doesn’t adjust. And an owner who prioritizes money over winning.

Everything is fine

igotwhipscollectingdust and IBTL like this.
  5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I'm sorry but that statement makes no sense....

The Rockets have more than enough talent on this team to run more than an isolated one man offense....

Team ball will beat one on one any day.. Ask Wilt, Bernard King, Dominique Wilkins and many more superstars....

Go back in History and lookup the 1977 NBA World Championship Series.. Sixers had more talent than anyone, but Portland played as a team...

T_Man

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Our personnel was good enough to beat the Warriors. Problem is with Mike D'Antoni as your head coach, you enter the playoffs every year having THE WORST in-game coach in basketball. He refuses to adjust his rotation, adjust minutes, play younger guys, and is just too slow.

Even with just an average coach, we win that series.