1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there a coach that can get us over the hump?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Bzdelik, May 10, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would be ok with Spoelstra, would have been ok with Walton, and always ok with anyone who spent 3+ years on Pop's staff and is willing to adopt Morey's stats. Maybe Messina or Udoka from the Spurs. I feel like the Hornets coach is severely underrated and needed to get his rookie coaching experience out of the way. Darvin Ham is interesting too, a long-time Budenholzer favorite.

In my mind we are always going to struggle to fill out the roster with enough talent as long as Harden and Paul make a combined $75m. Now, off ball movement and reducing the long term strain on Harden becomes imperative. Whoever we get has to both understand the value of our ISO players and the value of getting away from that when it's not needed/working.

For those thinking we're going to start taking mid range jump shots, it's not going to happen, and thank god for that.

2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Becky Hammon. We go from most hated team to the darlings.

3. Coach E

Coach E Member

The NBA isn’t a coaches league, it’s a players league. Is that true or false?

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No. Mark Jackson is another one of those guys that is going nowhere in life.
    I want someone who has coached under Poppavich. Someone that can control James Harden and great with x's and o's. Knows how to manage minutes. We also need someone who knows how to use their bench.

5. Jeff Bzdelik

Jeff Bzdelik Member

Milwaukee has the same players this year as last year. Last year they got bounced in the first round. This year they're going to the finals!