1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Relax fellows...it will be fine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 10, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I told myself, I wasn't going to be invested like last year and that didn't happen. I told myself not to take it so serious and that didn't happen. Sports man, it's a funny thing, it's a painful thing.

I'll just smoke my non victory cigar and drink my non victory whiskey. I'm pretty accustomed to it.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Good advice man.

SamFisher likes this.
  3. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

My wife asked me before the game if I’d be upset if the rockets lost and I said yes, very much so. Then she was like, oh great so you’ll be in a terrible mood tomorrow...but she’s wrong!! I’ll just move on and forget about the rockets for a while, focus my entertainment time on something else for a while, like maybe a movie with a happy ending, or something I can control like a video game...

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We'll all be back next season for more punishment. This is entertainment. I was still entertained. Not everyone can be winners.

5. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

It seems with each passing season my die hard-ism is slowly turning into casual fan-ism...

smp, Cstyle42 and donkeypunch like this.
  6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

For the ‘casual’ sports fan sports serves a nice little escape from the real world as well as a non-controversial topic or ice breaker to discuss with friends or strangers. But since none of these athletes will be paying my bills I will not spend any money going to a game.

SamFisher likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F that these dudes taking big checks home. They deserve to be disrespected all day everyday.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We still have the Texans......:(

SamFisher likes this.
  9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

All this Choke city **** needs to stop...
    H-town baby....My city doesn't choke..

It should be (Choke Rockets organization) or Choke Rockets players.(insert name)
    Don't associate us with those heartless losers.

SamFisher likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm pretty calm right now .

But I think part of the reason is that I expect Tilman to demand changes .

And if it comes to it that tilman is complacent with being a 1 or 2 and done type of owner ... well then ..... nothing we can really do about that

SamFisher likes this.
  11. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

We are a AD or Butler away from a championship. #rockets2020

SamFisher likes this.
  12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I learned this trick long ago. Record. Check score. If win watch what I can. If lose erase. So will erase this. Maybe b**** a little. Then start the summer F5 banging. I’ll wait for
    jimmy butler and be disappointed when we sign Rodney Hood as our savior. We lost to an undermanned team while we were at full health. There is nothing at this point to look for in 2019-2020 to give us hope.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Beautiful post. I think we kind of needed one like this right now. It's 12pm in Beijing, and it's a beautiful Saturday. I'm taking my ass out to play basketball and hang out with my friends instead of stewing in my room.

With our season over, things will get quieter. I'll miss a lot about it. I won't miss some parts. I'm glad I joined Clutchfans, though. I think that's become my favorite part of being a Rockets fan.

SamFisher likes this.
  14. JazzLakerHater

Lol. The Texans don’t even try to give us hope haha

SamFisher and juanm34 like this.
  15. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

This is the best mindset, and one I also agree with.

It's gotten to the point where the games aren't even fun to watch anymore -- when there's an expectation that the team is FINALLY "due" to beat their biggest "rival".

Even if they did finally get over the hump I'm not even sure elation would be the emotion -- it would be relief.

It's just not fun. It's not healthy. And that's certainly loser talk, but honestly it's demoralizing and exhausting to continue to spend so much mental energy watching the inevitable egg laying.

This team, as constructed, is fundamentally flawed; Morey bet big again and again, but always lost.

I wish the team the best, but they're going to be given the attention that I have given the Astros since ~2007 -- passive interest until they're actually in a position to win something notable.

Fantasma Negro and SamFisher like this.
  16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well it could be worse. I could be an Atlanta Hawks fan like my father, lol. It is just frustrating to see a team that has talent like this one be given a great chance to get over the hump to beat that nemesis team (just like the Sonics were in the '90s) only to see the team with the exception of PJ Tucker just not give the effort to win. You don't get a lot of opportunities in life like that so you have to make the most of them. Rockets didn't do it but Sam is right that it is just a game and we all have things in our lives that mean more than following the Rockets and the NBA. It is going to be hard, though, to hear the talking heads tear into Harden and CP3 about this latest abomination.

SamFisher likes this.
  17. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

All they can do is try and trade for LeBron middle of next season when the Lakers are under .500.

It's the last gasp hope for this team's current window, but it still won't be enough.

SamFisher likes this.
  18. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I will always be a rockets fan. But this is easily the lowest I've ever felt about the rockets. I don't see much hope.

SamFisher likes this.
  19. jowman

jowman Member

think of it this way. lets focus our times on something productive with our lives instead of wasting time watching guys dribble a ball for 40M a year who dont give a damn if you cant pay your power bills. rockets did us a solid saving us a month of time to focus on improving our own lives.

this is just how the cookie crumbles. its not talent or hard work or coaching, sometimes fate just has it in for some teams, players, coaches etc. blaming these guys wont help, they tried and were tired or they were outcoached or less talented whatever. the warriors made more shots, they were meant to win 4 championships, rockets and harden will have to go against nature to win 1. either way no impact on our lives. even better we have more time than to get emotional about some BS that doesnt even matter.

SamFisher likes this.
  20. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

The worst thing about this entire post is .. YOU LET YOUR KID PLAY IN A LEAGUE WHERE THEY DON'T KEEP SCORE? WTF.

SamFisher likes this.