1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

MDA would make a good assistant.
    Morley needs to come up with a better “math” this one is fools gold!!!!
    Give me JVG bored to death game plan over this bull*****
    Times up on this experiment!

amaru and smp like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We need a coach that basically opposes Moreyball.

A coach that tells Morey to stuff his analytics and tears up the math and just focuses on good hard disciplined basketball.

I suggest Lionel Hollins or Ettore Messina.

DJboutit, pippendagimp and smp like this.
  3. macan

macan Member

promote biglydick or get Doc Rivers ! still we need to break up this team as well. we ain't winning **** if we get this same team again next year!

lw17 likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not used to overeact, but Mike has been trash, kept playing Clint until death, had Gerald out there after he has been a disaster for all the series (he basically pulled another Ryan Anderson making three consecutive horrible plays in 30 seconds which probably costed us the game)...we talked so much about having a deep bench bla bla, and somehow Mike still managed to play 7 guys even when some of them were unplayable if not literally unable to play (see Clint in game 4 against the Jazz)...

The poor execution is on the players, especially Harden, he has been disappointing in the last minutes with two super dumb plays, but Mike has been bad too.

Personally i think the/some players need a lot of fire here, but wouldn't mind getting a new coach.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Honestly if I were Morey, I'm flipping all of my models and creating a defensive model and predicating my entire analytics on defense.

I'm not letting JVG leave the arena without an offer in hand.

I'm trading everyone not named Harden or Rivers and bringing in nothing but stalwarts on defense.

lw17, Lawlruschang and JayGoogle like this.
  6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

**** that..,it’s time to tank.

lw17 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fire Mike (but he's just the puppet of Morey like McHale was)
    Fire Morey (next coach is just gonna run his & Harden's bullshit iso moreyball offense, nothing will change)

lw17, pippendagimp and smp like this.
  8. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I blame this on coach. Don't know if pop is willing to come to houston. Kerr has been with Jackson and Pop and knows how to win.

lw17, amaru and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. Voltik

Voltik Member

I defended MDA for too long but he’s not a head coach. He would be an excellent offensive coach.

amaru and Lawlruschang like this.
  10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have been a Rocket fan since Olajuwon joined the team straight from Phi Slamma Jamma. I have been through a lot over the years and with the possible exception of the '93 west playoffs against Seattle, I don't think I have ever been so frustrated with a Rockets team, especially in the playoffs! They let the Warriors bench score like 20 or so points just in the first half. The game is tied at the half without Durant playing and Curry being scoreless. I knew right then that we were ****ed. Every loose ball or any other 50-50 play, the Warriors usually beat the Rockets to it. Outside of PJ Tucker and at times Chris Paul, the rest of the Rockets were just sitting there, masturbating, as the Warriors got to these stupid loose balls. This team didn't deserve to win tonight and this lack of urgency on the players' parts has to fall to someone's responsibility and that person is MDA. It is time to let him go and go in a different direction. I am tired of seeing yet another NBA postseason end with the Warriors on top. I am predicting that the West Finals will be Golden State in 4 or 5 and the same with the Finals. It is so sickening and disheartening.

lw17, 3Rings and BaiHua like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Before the series this B!tch Dantoni laughs about Running it back saying well ok... dude will retire championshipless coward a$$$ b!tch. Get on your knees and give Steve Kerr a blowjob you loser.

lw17, amaru and Lawlruschang like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The refusal to make adjustments and allow Harden to pound out the rock for 20 seconds and walk his ass up the court like it's a Sunday stroll and just stand around doing nothing when the ball isn't in his hand shows how much of a beta b**** he is. He has no control over the effort and discipline that our key players give.

Imagine Pop coaching Harden for all these years instead of Dantoni and McHale. Imagine how much more disciplined Harden would be.

lw17, DJboutit, Little Bit and 4 others like this.
  13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yeah , let's fire a guy who built a championship contender.

Lawlruschang and dmenacela like this.
  14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

It's like Mchale never left. All MDA ever did was move Harden to the point. Harden got better. That's why the offense was better. But in the playoffs when people game plan for you it doesn't work like it works in the regular season.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yep.

Have said for years he's just as bad as McHale at the X and O's. Dude's a career loser and it's shown yet again.

16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

He said contender lol. You numbnuts

lw17 likes this.
  17. houseofglass21

Green made some terrible plays. Turnovers and jacking up wack 3’s. A scrub given too much free reign. He cost us the game.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Harden for Zion

19. vonwafer

vonwafer Member

Messina is a good call. That's who I wanted back in 2016. Ive never been impressed with Hollins though

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Idk...who’s idea was it to leave him in?
    That’s who cost us the game

Lawlruschang likes this.