1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is playing scared

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, May 9, 2019.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the refs continue to allow Green to Camp the paint playing with 3 secs and illegal D , it makes it hard for Rockets to drive and for Clint because he literally doesn’t have to move more than a step each way

BigShasta likes this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yeah he really needs to grow a pair tonight and handle green like a man.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

He needs to thug it up. I'm not sure he's got it in him, but he needs to pretend if not.

4. YaoMingsSoulja

My money is on Clint to have a BIG game tonight and ima tell everyone "I TOLD YOU SO!" :D

5. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

[I'm moving this from the 'what happened to Clint' thread. So if it seems familiar well....]

I think it's a combination of things. Primarily that he is young and Draymond has gotten between his ears. Both of which are connected.

If anyone read the NYT article on the coaching staff, from about a week ago, John Lucas says something to the effect that he can chew the ass of CP3 or PJ Tucker if needed but Clint needs to be left alone. That when Clint isn't playing well John Lucas says he leaves him alone otherwise he'll tighten up (I don't remember the exact words).

CP3, PJ Tucker, and Harden are all tough. Physically and emotionally tough. If you hit them they will hit you back. Clint is not like that. It's kind of like the old days when Hakeem and Sampson played together. If you hit Hakeem he was going to hit you back 2wice as hard. But I'll never forget the game in the Finals with Celtics when Sampson got into a fight with 6' 1" Danny Sichting. It looked like we could beat the Celtics but after the scuffle, which really wasn't much of a scuffle, Sampson just wilted. I was young, but I remember thinking that he was never the same player after that.

I found a story on it so if you are interested in some Rockets history
    https://www.nytimes.com/1986/06/09/sports/sampson-s-long-day.html

My point is I think Clint was swinging his dick after the Utah series when he said that he wanted to face GSW and we saw CP3s reaction. Though CP3 said it had to do with providing material for Bleacher Report I think there was more to it than that. It's like having a friend start talking trash at a party and you knowing thats not his thing. That you are going to have to be the one to get hit because he is feeling his oats. Now Clint got his wish. Clint's facing GSW and is getting manhandled by someone who's a bully in Draymond, with the backing of the GSW crowd.

I'm worried by John Lucas' comment because this means his ego is a bit frail or immature. I hope for our sake it's immaturity (because he can still learn to be tough) and NOT that he's not wired for the toughness the position requires against dogs like Draymond (like Ralph Sampson).

BigShasta likes this.
  6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I was a big Capella fan and this the 3rd or 4th Play Offs for him. Was moving him for Marc Gasol feasible? Gasol would have worked better than Capela against the Warriors?

FartWaffles likes this.