1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Three way trade - CP3 to Lakers' cap space after they strike out on free agents. A pick to Philly. Butler sign and trade to Houston.

PolarBear and mikol13 like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

MDAs seat is hot because Morey spent all our cap on a broken pg?

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’d be good with that. Resign Rivers too.

fattz likes this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

concentrating the good bodies we got to turn it into one isn't necessarily smart. more picks, losing EG + maybe Tuck, ...

i'm not on board for giving up that much unless we truly get back a potential top-10 player. it just ain't happening.

plus our bench is already thinning with us trying to avoid the LT. we only free up about 3 mil more next season, and that's with us not having signed Rivers, Green, Faried, House, etc.

5. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I know its early, but if MDA was to be fired whose his replacement? Ty Lue, not helpful in getting Jimmy Butler IMO. Sam Michell pass, Mark Jackson or Jeff Van Gundy part more worsebthan paint dry offense pass again. I just think Houston needs a real answer to an MDA replacement before doing something reactionary to fan and or media criticism.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is zero chance of Pop ever leaving San Antonio. No point in even mentioning it as a desire.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we somehow don't win it all this season, I'm 100% on board with Butler and after watching this series and the other contenders, am willing to package Capela to a 3rd team for extra assets to make it happen. I don't mind losing Capela, Gordon and a pick for Butler. Need to consolidate that salary.

Our C needs to be able to block shots and hit 3's even if it's an overall downgrade. If we can get Dedmon for our MLE we're in good shape with:

Dedmon
    Tucker
    Harden
    Butler
    Paul

Bench: House, Hartenstein, Clark, minimum signings. I would take a look at Wilson Chandler as a buy-low guy.

Would suck to lose Rivers given his playoff performance, but we can't invest another $5.1m for a backup into a backcourt where Paul is making $35m+ per season. Between Butler, Harden, Tucker and Clark we would be set at the wing spots - which are most important and versatile.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We gon have a lotta overpaid oldies + Clint and James year 2

Maybe not Clint. LTS is a b****.

9. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

What about a 3 way with the Lakers and 6ers. Something like paul and filler to lakers, lonzo, picks, and filler to 6ers, and Butler to Rockets.
    Harden/Rivers
    Gordon/Green
    Butler/House
    Tucker/Clark
    Capela/?
    Obviously some of the rotation will go in a trade but thatd be sweet if that was the 2019/2020 Rockets.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for dropping the knowledge. We'll see on MDA, but with KD now out, the onus is on MDA to *scheme up* to take advantage of this.

Thing with MDA is that Harden loves him. And loves his mind. If they make a coaching change, have to think you have to get a coach that meshes with Harden in a similar capacity. Not sure who is out there that would do that.

As for Butler, if you are watching the Philly/Toronto series, you can see what he is capable of in big moments.

#90 Deuce, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  11. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow that bench looks bad

topfive likes this.
  12. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Frank Vogel.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just my guess here, but if we can trade Capela for assets (split them between us and Philly) and get DeAndre, that's really something to consider, if not a no brainer.

Fwiw Codman liked this post just few days ago (not sure if he heard something about this or he just liked my idea but...):

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Mike d'antoni has great ideas on offence. The rotations and wear and tear on our guys is real though. Watch how tired the guys are during 4th quarter. Tired bodies, physical play... just a perfect storm to destroying our players.

15. Voltik

Voltik Member

Butler isn’t a good replacement for Gordon’s shooting. This team will always need good consistent shooters who can also defend, espically against Worriers. I agree though of making this move, just not sold completely on Butler espically with aging Paul.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If he doesn't get the Lakers job

17. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

I think JB has that on lock

18. jowman

jowman Member

Why would we want those 2? Gordon is better than either already. Unless u want them to come off the bench

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The sad truth is if CP3 was close to being an Allstar, we would not need a Butler for this steep price.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i am grateful to hear this intel. it's time to hold people accountable. i'm holding out hope we win 2 in a row and take this series, but i do think that if we can't beat the boogieless, durantless, warriors we our current personnel, it's time to reassess the coaching.