1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legacy on the line for CP3 & Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 9, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Fair or unfair, for CP3 and Harden their legacy is on the line right here, because they are viewed and known in terms of the play-offs as "chokers", failing to deliver when needed most, just not getting over the hump, late turnovers and bad statistical games in close out games etc. I really hope they respond, for themselves, to to show that's not who they are to change that narrative and deliver for the Rockets. Also this situation, them being down 1 important player, you have to seize the moment.

Again, fair or unfair, no matter how the team plays, everybody will look at those 2 guys to bring this home. I have some hope left, but man, I want to see that Harden from the regular season who showed more leadership skills than in years passed and got fired up. I want to see that CP3 who takes that three and calls the guys together to get on the same page and scrap and hustle, which is something he still did last night and for most of the series.

Come on fellas, show us and the world that what has been somewhat true - not putting the team on your back and willing yourself to victory - is no more. Are you the legend or are you the truth. TELL ME...WHO....ARE....YOU?!!!

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I defend harden even for what he did against the spurs, and I don’t think the clippers ever had a team that was good enough to win a title, but if they don’t pull this series out they deserve everything they get. Where is the killer instinct ? You would think they would have had enough heartbreak to become stone cold killers but I guess not. I can’t imagine a superstar not taking advantage of what transpired last night. I bet even last years cavs would have pulled that victory out.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

It's encouraging to see Sixers and Blazers force game 7 and I think Blazers have a real shot at taking it and they're very scary. Their stars came through and that's exactly what we need tonight. Harden and CP3 need to look at how confident they took it to the hole, shot it, just all under control at home.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

Chris Paul has more on the line because he might be another top superstar that didn't win a ring aka Charles Barkley.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. MystikArkitect

If they win they only did so because Durant was out.

If they lose they’re chokers.

7. smp

smp Member

The playoffs are where legacies are defined. Harden needs to go off like Dirk did the year Dallas won. He needs to be unstoppable. He can do it. We have seen it.

Now is the time!!!!!

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

John Stockton
    Karl Malone
    Charles Barkley
    Shawn Kemp
    Yao Ming
    Tracy McGrady
    Vince Carter
    Chris Webber
    Reggie Miller

Majority all losers that are dumb analysts, whenever Reggie Miller, Chris Webber, Charles Barkley talk about this is how you win a Championship, I have a confused look, what do these idiots know how to win a Championship.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This is it CF. We all know what needs to be done. Now we just need to DO IT.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden has a chance to erase his playoff stigma.

I’m excited for him.

Chris has looked awful though and it’s frustrating that his play last year would have had the Rockets waiting on the Nuggets/Blazers this year.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In the broader picture, yes. If we lose this series, it will impact the “legacy” of both players, but I hope they aren’t giving that any consideration at all. They need to be focused, execute whatever game plan MDA and Coach B have come up with, and win the damn game. The rest will take care of itself.

Oh, and drive to the basket, get layups or drawn the foul, and Paul, obviously, needs to shoot more. He’s been too tentative. I don’t think it’s his age as much as it is the pressure affecting his decision making. Be the decisive point he’s proven he can be for years. It’s what we need. Don’t always differ to Harden. Shoot those sweet midrange jumpers he’s famous for. We need the points and something else for GS to worry about.