1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Appreciate the Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, May 9, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is a clown thread and a good example why some here think you are a troll lol.

Both the timing and location of thread is garbage and then the substance...

It's not hard to play good basketball when you assemble a team of All-stars. They are supposed to, based on talent alone.

However, this is also a team that beats you on talent, not necessarily because of heart and grit.

I am actually underwhelmed by this Warriors team for as talented as they are, two seasons in a row, Houston Rockets have exposed them. When you play psychical and tough with them, they get knocked out of their game. As talented as they are, they havent overwhelmed an under-talented Rockets team. How is that even impressive?? They are a cupcake team. This year, CP hasnt even been a star. It's basically Harden + role players vs All-star team and they still cant run away from the Rockets. Every single game has been close....

....SO.....

...if anything, it's the Rockets team that has been more impressive for the fight they have shown these past two seasons against the Warriors!

And then there is the cowardly manner in which Durant joined this team. Joined the same team that he choked against, just to add talent to an already very talented team. Whoopdeedoodoo. I am sure Rockets would be even better than they already are if Kawhi decided to waltz into this team and in the process annihilate the Warriors team even with Durant on it.

So you are going to waltz in the Rockets forum, and let us know how much you love the Warriors, despite all of the above, WITH THE SERIES STILL GOING ON, and ROCKETS BLATANTLY GETTING ROBBED BY THE REFS in game 1??

I hardly get into refs argument but let's be honest here. If the refs hadnt ****ed up as much as they did in the first game, to the point where even they had to come out and say they ****ed up, your AWESOME team would be down 2 games to 3 to an under-talented team....that's two years in a row.

Also, I am supposed to overlook their on court dirty plays, shenanigan, and smugness, and appreciate them?? *laugh*

Know the time, place, and context before you decide to start threads like these.

Sheesh...

Until then....

http://www.warriorsworld.net/

[​IMG]

#41 Zboy, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I thought this was a cleverly disguised warriors appreciation thread since their dynasty is done :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Nope, nope nope. Zero respect from me.

Game 5 yesterday reenforced a very simple thought: I cannot respect the GSW dynasty. Ever.

Durant was never needed on that team (not to mention Cousins...). It was a joke that Draymond called Durant in his car to rescue them from big bad LeBron after a 73-9 season, and that Durant accepted it.

I would have had respect for them if they took the initiative to shore up their bench and work just as hard as most other teams to even sniff the playoffs and/or a chip. I respected them when they won their first ring w/o Durant.

Now? They just showed that they were too afraid to do what it would take to get a ring after that disappointment of a 73-9 season, and instead pressed the “Easy Button”. F- that.

Congrats that they play the game how it’s “suppose to be played” by purist basketball hypocrites. Congrats for destroying competitive balance by taking the easy road. Congrats that GSW ignored the potential signs of future labor dispute just to make their lives easier.

I don’t have to respect any of that. And I’m not going to. I’m looking forward to this “dynasty” era ending in the very near future so that we can hopefully see how awful this time was in retrospect. Because respecting it is a joke. Period.

deb4rockets, King1 and Zboy like this.
  4. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

Check out the smart guy over here. BANG!

5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Respect the opponent. Props sir.

6. mastan

mastan Member

Appreciate referees and luck that during their every championship key players of opponent teams got injured.

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The cucks come out in droves after every loss. The warriors are not that good anymore. This is a very beatable team. Our players ****ed up and our fo ****ed up by not getting better players.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This seems like a long-about way of saying you are envious of Warriors fans.

What if I were to tell you that if everyone here at cfnet from Houston who loves basketball more than football were, instead, born in Oakland ... then yes, in a world of being born in Oakland, they would likely love the Warriors equal to how much they love the Rockets in this world. But you wouldn't. I think you'd love the Warriors more than you love the Rockets.

What's up with that? It's called the "psychological component" of E n v y.​

Being Envious of another team is just wrong to me, equal to being Jealous of one. And having Envy/Jealousy isn't considered the same as Hate, as you are describing Hate. If I envy my rival, I weaken my ability to actually enjoy winning at the maximum enjoyment level. Do Auburn fans envy Alabama fans? Do Texans fans envy Cowboys fans?

and btw: That's also one of the reasons we call Durant a Cupcake -- for his envy of other teams.

I think you're a Cupcake. :D

[​IMG]

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no respect for that bunch for oh so many reasons I don't have the time or patience to list right now. Short and sweet version: Cocky, cocky, cocky, dirty, annoying antics, and shielded from deserving fouls, technicals, and negative criticism by their golden "they make us money" bubble of protection the NBA covers them with. Oh, let me just say Cocky again with a capital C.

10. 523744

523744 Member

...they...ain't...even...that...good

11. Asian Sensation

We hate them because they’ve proven to be the better team year after year after year after year. Forget the refs, injuries and all the other BS excuses. We’ve had chances to beat them and we haven’t delivered. Until we beat them they’ll always be better. Truth hurts.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The little respect I might have had went out the window when I gave Draymond the benefit of the doubt when he injured Harden just to see him intentionally try to swipe at his eyes on the baseline. Paul got thrown out for arguing a call. Draymond cusses out the refs on every other possession, swipes at peoples eyes, knees people in the head and barely gets a technical. They can all go blow a ACL and something else while they are at it.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This thread isn't about Warriors fans. It's about how we watch the games and how we deal with both the highs and lows when facing a sports rival that is playing at a high level -- both in reaction to the game outcome as well as all the stuff that occurs as the games are unfolding. I found myself, last night, giving up feelings of exasperation and frustration as we let them go on runs or as the game was slipping away by instead making an effort to appreciate the good basketball plays they were making. I found it helped. It's not about being envious. The approach could apply in reverse if I was an Oakland resident rooting for the Warriors to win instead.

I think you are suggesting here is that this approach, while it may dampen the pain that comes with being a sports fan, will at the same time dampen the joy one would get from that experience. That's an interesting thought, but I'm not sure I agree.

14. durvasa

Settle down. I'm not asking people here to be a fan of the Warriors. Just making a suggestion that its OK to appreciate and recognize great play, from both teams. As I said, I think it makes the losses sting a bit less. Just another way of coping with a tough loss. You can do that while also wishing for the Rockets to kick their ass, of course.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"Rockets Fans! What is best in life?"
    "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

topfive and durvasa like this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

topfive, Surfguy and durvasa like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not all winners are respected.

You can't talk people into appreciating a team they don't respect. I don't respect dirty players, cocky players, showoffs, and people who get away with breaking the rules to win. The Warriors are comprised of players like that.

For those reasons, I do not respect the Warriors team or their coach. Not only that, they disgust me.

I don't even enjoy watching them play. They don't entertain me. Curry makes my stomach turn chewing away on that pacifier of his, or sitting under his blankie towel. Add in watching refs choke on their whistles for knock down dirty plays all the time and they really disgust me.

#57 deb4rockets, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Can we please delete this stupid ass thread. It's disgusting.

deb4rockets and bobloblaw like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're missing the entire point of fandom. Losing to the greatest team in history doesn't sting any less than just losing to one of the best teams in the league that year. When we lost to Seattle in that sweep, it stung just as badly as losing to Utah - both teams that were very good but not the best as they both lost to the Bulls. Had we gotten past those teams and lost to the Bulls, would we as Rockets fans been less stung since there was no rivalry? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Losing stings. Losing to better teams or equal teams - rivals or non-rivals, it stings not because what it says about the other team, but because what it says about YOUR team, that they were no good enough, that you won't be able to bask in their victory. No matter whether or not you respect the other team, you still lose and feel that pain.

So, respectfully, I disagree with you. I love basketball and appreciate what the Warriors do well. At the same time I wonder how the heck does a team with 2 MVP's and 3 all-stars struggle against a team with one MVP and a former all-star and a bunch of journey men? Maybe the Warriors aren't as great as you make them out to be?

Either way losing to this overachieving greatest team in history or underachieving bunch of superstar primadonnas is going to suck really really bad.

bobloblaw likes this.
  20. durvasa

That's right. The pain is because we want so bad to be the team to beat the "unbeatable" Warriors, especially given all the ridicule our team has faced. There's supreme gratification in that. And so when you lose to them, the pain comes from not being able to quiet those critics. Its just demoralizing.

What I'm suggesting is that instead of directing our thoughts as fans towards the lost opportunity and sulking over how our team will be perceived as a result, we can instead attempt to detach ourselves from those feelings and just try to enjoy the game play itself. Watching the game itself becomes a little less stressful, and the losses (at least in the immediate aftermath) don't weigh on you as much.

Does this detachment also take away from the excitement and joy that comes with seeing our team outplaying the other team? I think it is possible to be selectively detached (to the extent we are capable) only when the Rockets are getting outplayed, while still cheering and enjoying the stretches in which they are outplaying the other team or when they win the game.

Another approach I'm seeing here is to just get really down on the Rockets itself. Head into the game believing they're going to choke it away and don't have much of a chance anyway. Strangely, this defeatist attitude seems to be more acceptable on here than what I'm suggesting. A lot of fans would rather despise their team than appreciate the play of the rival team. Strange.

likestohypeguy likes this.