1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul lost this with his pathetic display of playmaking

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, May 9, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a heck of an expensive mentor. The best coaches in the NBA don't make a quarter of that.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too funny. THIIC by some, linebackers as Kerr says, and now maybe the Fat 5.

3. mastan

mastan Member

Don't compare last year's CP3 with this year... he was playing way better, was hitting 3 pointers and was crucial in closing minutes of games.

4. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This I agree with. Still don't think Paul has magically lost his IQ and playmaking skills but he has obviously "misplaced" these skills which is baffling. I always thought his IQ and playmaking were the skills that age could never touch but it appears it has. I still have faith he will play much better than Game 5. Really Games 1-4 weren't that terrible for him. He deferred a lot and picked his spots pretty well.

Obviously we expect more of him but really he just needs to hit 50% or so of his shots and run the offense well while Harden sits. Also limit the turnovers, get a couple of gritty rebounds/steals and he is back in my good graces. Seems like a tall order though at this point.

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

He’s been like this ALL season. I just can’t see him turning it around the next two games to the level he was last years playoff.

Jeff Bzdelik likes this.
  6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

go inside to shoot more within the paint area, Caplea or tucker can grab the offensive rebounds. Actually, I think the team without kid is more offensive than with kd. They will take more 3 points shoot. If we can win game 6, we will win game 7. It is a must win tomorrow

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If you have a salary floor and you're not competing anymore anyway, what would it matter?

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Given that we suck on the road and don't have home court advantage, we're done.

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Our best player, arguably the best offensive player EVER, who leads the league in 3pt attempts, took ONE shot the last 7 minutes of the biggest game of the season

This is what lost us the game

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

no it didnt. they gave up 32 points, because of idk how many offensive rebounds.

11. Buck Turgidson

Chris Paul played his ass off tonight. I had to search for 4 pages to find the 1st thread talking about him.

Maybe he's not the jake or the old man or the quitter that yall said he was, after everyone murdered him last game?

12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Our best player, who has the ball 95% of the game, took one shot in the last 7 7mins. He disappeared when it counted

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i disagree for game 5. again, we needed STOPS. DEFENSE.

now game 6, yes he was not aggressive enough down the stretch.

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

As many times as this team fumbles away passes and miss dribbles into turnovers, it's miracle that they are a 53 win NBA team in the Playoffs. Amateur hour with isolation luck will only get you so far.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. riko

riko Member

Holly crap bro what isis going with all these bumps?