1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Irrespective of the playoff outcome we must...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxFanfrom93, May 9, 2019.

1. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

Trade chris paul even if we have to attach Capella and Gordon. His inability to beat Jerebko on Isolation tells me we cannot keep him and play the same system. Paul is there to allow harden rest while we continue to play the same system.
    Paul will be better off in a system where the other players are not static. Where he can dribble dribble dribble in circles till he finds a cutter or slasher.
    No sentiments we have to unload CP3.
    He will thrive in San Antonio or a team that is looking for veteran leadership to make the playoffs. We can also ship him to new orleans with picks for jrue holiday who would be excellent next to harden.

2. Mastro

Mastro Member

I don't agree that we should trade him if it means losing Gordon. At this point I'm generally indifferent about Capela however.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nice clickbait thread title. I refuse to read the post just on principle. :p

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yeah gonna have to take some bad contracts back, but someone would bite, would have to get back good picks.... Capela + Harden can get you a 8th seed with dleaguers so im not worry about few years in the whole while golden state and Lakers pound it out.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

You know what would be crazy!!!!!!!!
    If we played HARGOD style with Harden
    And MDA would play pick n pop with CP3????
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

*RANT*

I hope everyone bashing Capela and CP3 would understand the Warriors are an elite team and can play elite defense. Both teams are playing elite defense and both have lapses...there are players unstoppable like KD, Harden, Greek Freak and LBJ..I believe the Rockets are playing great defense on Klay and Curry, not only has Austin been great, Gordon has been short of flawless, also it takes alot of work in chasing our linebackers around. The Warriors are playing to stop Capela and CP3 and let everyone else beat them...watch closely how they are playing them two...Caplea said he wanted the Warriors...KD already said Capela can only catch lobs...Alot of motivation there alone to make them play him the way the are..They are making a point to play CP3 tight, close and try to get into his head...all the talk about only if the Rockets had CP3 last year...Motivation is there to shut him out...will win this series...

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That would be coaching and making adjustments. DAT doesnt do either of those.

juanm34 likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

which team is going to take on 3yrs $125M for geritol paul???

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Attach Capela and Gordon? Do u know how much salary another team or teams would have to match? No one is trading for Chris Paul unless they’re doing hard drugs and lost their damn mind.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Irrespective?

I mean, if the Rockets were to go on and win the championship then you trade no one and run it back with a few new players.

If they do lose this series, then yes. You do make the trade. I don't think he'd be all that hard to trade either, his contract is pricey sure but this is not Ryno here. He's mostly a pretty big positive throughout the year.

A team like Utah will be looking for a PG to pair up with their two young stars. We could take back a player like Ingles and some other players to match salaries.

And yeah, the Spurs would probably be interested.

I think there are a lot of teams that would love to have him on their team. He'd be a huge upgrade over most teams Point Guard.

But it really depends on how things turn out. If we lose this round, or next, or in the finals...do we really want to break up the team if the Warriors are also broken up?

It's not like there's an immediate upcoming threat. Nuggets will get better as their young guys get better...Portland has pretty much maxed their potential...

It really will depend on how the west looks next year. if the Warriors regroup and resign Klay and Durant and you lose this round then yeah...

It's kind of funny because I feel like whoever loses this series will for sure make major changes.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Paul still contributes at an above average level, he's harden's mental rock, and it would be a bad look for the rockets to trade him unless he asked to move.

but if we want to pretend, I'd say the only two places that would even take Paul's contract just to get him are the lakers and pelicans. even then the lakers would have to strike out in free agency first.

but back to reality, Paul is a main reason we compete with the warriors. defense, shooting, leadership... yes he lost a step, yes he's overpaid, and yes lets accept we have 3 more seasons with him becoming even more overpaid.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If we trade CP3, who in their right mind would want to come here? .. We'd be known as a 1 year rental place for players.. No one would reup. Say what you want but CP3 is a highly respected player. It would look bad on Morey.