1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS: Houston has no excuse to lose to GS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 9, 2019.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

he's absolutely right lol. If we lose this series people will make fun of us forever

3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Max Kellerman knows his math well!

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It will just be like all my non rocket fans who say our championships don’t count cause Jordan retired !

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This narrative is dumb... if we gather agreement on this, Houston is doomed. They’re the world champions even before KD even came to the picture. I decline this line of thinking.

bro2044 likes this.
  6. rocketsmetalspd

Screw him! Just get the Damn Ws!! No excuses!! H-Town Crazy!! Go Rockets!!

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

8. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen is secretly rooting for Chris Paul and James Harden to win a Championship, at least win one.

Why is Stephen so emotional about calling out Chris Paul, this old man needs to step up, or have regrets the rest of his life and have nightmares, waking up thinking about the Warriors even at 80 years old in cold sweat.

Same to James Harden and the rest of Rockets will have nightmares even after retirement.

Jerry West still thinks about those 12 NBA Finals losses, even as a old man now, that is so sad to hear too.

tycoonchip and PeterKingX like this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

11. a time to chill

He's right and the Rockets know it too which is why they will win the series.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Apparently people forget what Warriors were like before Durant... Basically same core with same ideology... In fact they seem to be more deadly without him..

bro2044 likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He's right. Rockets always come with excuses for losing. He touched my wrist. He didn't give me space. The ref didn't do this. His foot was out of bounds.
    How about not putting yourselves in the position to be effected by such things.
    Sometimes I don't know if I'm watching a men's basketball game or a #metoo moment.

bmelo, SWTsig, jboslett and 2 others like this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

The excuse, if they lose, would be that the Warriors are a better team.

I think the Warriors starting five, even without Durant, could still be better than the Rockets.

donkeypunch and B-Bob like this.
  15. macan

macan Member

if we don't win this series we will never win again with this same roster..

jcmoon, Sajan and coachbadlee like this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So even without Durant and a garbage bench they are better? Isn't harden supposed to be a lot better than Curry now?

SWTsig likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Honestly, I'd heavily consider blowing the team up if they lose this series. If this roster, as constructed, can't win under these circumstances, then they will never win. It's a sad truth, but it's a truth nonetheless.

18. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

In theory Houston should win the next two games. The Rockets are deeper and have the best overall player left in the series. Also, this is not the same GSW roster that won 73 games w/o Durant. In 2015-16, the Splash Bros. were in their prime and they had a deep bench. I feel if the Rockets come out with high intensity in both games and are constantly putting pressure on GSW at the rim then the 3 point shooting of GSW should suffer over 48 minutes. Of course, we all know what happened against the Spurs w/o Kawhi, so I could totally see us get blown out on our own floor. The life of a Rockets fan.

19. farhen

farhen Member

Once again Jimmy has gonna prove us wrong if not he'll be crown as an all time great regular season player but greatest choker come playoff time

jcmoon and coachbadlee like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Truncated to just complete the thread hyperbole for all y'all and SAS.

If the Rockets don't win the next two games, the organization will never win another basketball game in the history of human civilization.

Know your history. Once upon a time, this franchise looked a whoooole lot worse in going down 1-3 to the Barkley-led Suns. Everyone, and probably your own fathers to hear you talk, was calling us Choke City.

CCity Zero and crimsonghost like this.