1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Durant suffers minor calf injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 9, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Warriors live a charmed existence. It’ll always break their way.

2. Nook

Nook Member

This.

If the Rockets have a 33% chance of winning the series, and beating the Warriors..... isn't that something worth getting excited about?

The reality is that this is about as good a chance as the Rockets are ever going to have.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's his one chance at redemption for the 2017 San Antonio series. Remember: the Spurs came into Houston without Kawhi or Tony Parker and Harden laid the biggest egg of his career. It was a performance so bad that many people asked if he was deliberately throwing the game. Now he gets a chance to take the Warriors to 7 without Durant.

He'd better take more than one damn shot in the fourth quarter.

4. Nook

Nook Member

THIS . IS . NOT . THE . SAME . TEAM . THAT . WON . 73 . GAMES!

Harrisment and YOLO like this.
  5. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Warriors announced he is officially out for this series

obviously this is awesome for us, so we should easily win Game 6, and then be favored in Game 7

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

The realist says, you realize that every reference, pessimists or optimist, is to a series Houston lost in agonizing fashion, right? That's never a good sign. Go Rockets!

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I would honestly be more at peace losing this series than last year. The what ifs have driven me crazy.

We should win these last 2. Not close to a guarantee, but we should. The depth on this team is trash, and we defend Curry and Thompson very well. If we lose then we flat out don't deserve it, and wouldn't have been able to beat the eastern conference champion anyhow.

We're stuck with Paul for better or worse, but we would have to rock the boat in the offseason. Everyone but Harden should be on the table. Lets just win the whole f**king thing and not worry about that possibility.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yep. For years we’ve talked about how lucky the Dubs have been with their path and lack of injuries. No excuses now.

sealclubber1016 and Nook like this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don’t want a coin flip. I want them to lock in and beat them the way they should have last night. I have little faith they can at this point. I have to question if they have what it takes.

10. izeroi

izeroi Member

Unfortunately I won't be either.

11. RyanB

RyanB Member

I imagine the pressure they must be feeling wow
    They'll be forever described as chokers if they lose this series
    And i don't see how they can overcome this psychologically

12. Nook

Nook Member

When they came back from 2-0 in game 3, and then won in overtime.... then came back and won game 4... that should have told you the Rockets have the desire and ability to win. The Rockets could have easily not comeback from the game 1 officiating and falling into a 0-2 hole.

Even "locked in", this series is a coin flip.... these are two very good teams.

YOLO likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Every now and then, karma bites the Warriors in the ass. It happened in 2016 with Draymond's suspension and Bogut's injury(that was the turning point of that series). And now it's Boogie and Durant. I mean, Durant going down with a leg injury in a Game 5 win that puts them up 3-2. It cannot get more poetic than that after what happened last year.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I just can’t accept that. I cannot accept that a team that has given them all they can handle at full strength can’t muster up the grit to put their foot on their neck when given the opportunity. The stars aligned for the rockets to do something special and they fumbled the ball. I get that the warriors still have talent, but they have very little depth. Simply rebounding the ball would have greatly increased our chances. No one felt like stepping up and doing that though so again I must question if they have it inside them to go all out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Sorry, I didn't know that the series was over..... I don't think history has been written yet.

Having said that, these are two fairly evenly matched teams so anything can happen.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Pressure is ratcheted up for Harden and the Rockets. Before if they lost, they could at least claim the moral victory of giving a tough fight to a stacked team. Now, a loss could be pretty devastating to the legacy of Harden, Paul, D'antoni, and Morey, at least in some media circles.

icewill36 likes this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Don't lose then. If they lose now then they deserve all the criticism that comes their way.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don’t know. I understand that some folks will feel that way, but losing that series still burns. I might feel the same way if that scenario were to happen, but I just don’t believe that it will. We have to defend home court, and we’ve been tough to beat in Houston. When we tough out a win in game 6, and I think it’ll be a close game, then game 7 will be the basketball equivalent of World War Three.

We’ll have to do the same thing we must do at home. Minimize mistakes, play balls to the wall defense, rebound like we did at home in game 3 by getting every loose offensive rebound, have at least one player besides Harden, preferably two, score like Gordon did and CP3 has to wake up and smell the coffee. He has to shoot more, I don’t care from where, and hit those shots. We have to do that in both games, or it’s all over. I just can’t think about it being over. It’s been too long a year getting back to where we are now. We put ourselves in a hole when we shouldn’t have in game 5. No excuses. None.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I didnt say it was over, but if they couldn’t take that game last night, why should I think they are going to win two, including a game 7 on the road ?

20. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Gotta believe that the Warriors will come out hungry to end it... Rox better be on their toes and ready

I believe.

hakeem94 likes this.