1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what happened to Clint

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, May 9, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He went for poor and balling to rich and bailing.

Ok, that's not fair but I thought it was funny so I posted it.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, I don't think he's lazy. You have made up your mind, so I'll leave it at that.

4. babyface44

babyface44 Member

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@basketballholic

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

It's inexplicable to me he would just let people push him around.So what is it?

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

He had more rebounds than any other player on the Rockets or the Warriors. He did this playing fewer minutes than any starter on the Rockets or Warriors. He's not lazy. Look, I understand you are very upset and emotional about the loss. But, calling our players lazy is just not accurate.

Now, I'm done with this thread. If you want to have the last word, go right ahead.

Batman Jones and hakeem94 like this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

I understand you are approaching this from ... a calm and appearant rational way. First you point to me the rebounding numbers, then the +/-, then the intangible. Fine and well, if he is paid 10 million to do that.

I said it baffles me that ... he gets pushed around, boxed out by guards like Clay Thompson and Steph Curry. Just go back watch the tape after these last words. If it wasn't effort or focus, I just don't know how you are calling it? Actually, you must have watched Kenny's halftime showing calling him out along with CP and Harden just ball watching. To me it starts with him, because that's his job as a near- max big.

If this is not laziness, I am interested to learn from you what it is. Perhaps you are just too fancy to tell me that. See ya.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. magichat281

magichat281 Member

yeah greens pick and roll d is too fast and green is stronger than him and just as athletic. Green is already at the rim by time he gets the ball. he needs a jumpshot or hook shot.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

That. But what about time and time again, he park at rim while Harden does his thing at key. I scream DO SOMETHING CLINT.

Ok, there might be only a 1 or 2 second window that he can react. To some, they may not even notice there is an opportunity for Clint to do something to make Harden's operation a lot easier. He is not aggressive and active. He shrunk under duress.

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He’s a liability on the floor

12. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

If only Nene was 10 years younger...

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Highlighting one of the reasons why +/- is a very complex stat that ties a million things together.
    Historically, +/- was used as a way to measure the performance of hockey defensemen.
    Essentially, +/- is just the output of a complex formula of individual performance + team performance + opponent performance + refereeing + a luck/random element.

+/- together with the eye test or the box score might start to tell you something. +/- alone, no.

hakeem94 and YallMean like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically, tie it together whenever it suits the argument you are making. :D

The issue here isn't Clint. The issue is that we can't execute a 3 on 2, and CP3 is largely to blame. Beard is doing his job. Capela is rolling to the rim or short corner and dragging a man to him. Gotta drive and pass the ball with confidence, or Clint/Beard will never be open again. CP3 has a wealth of open shots to take, and GSW are giving him those looks by design. Until he takes and makes, we lose.

15. basketballholic

16. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

17. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

We had reports of Capela's illness FOUR weeks ago. Do we really believe that this (illness that should be long gone) is still a factor in his play?

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

His offensive deficiencies arent what bothers me the most. I knew he had brickhands and was basically just a lob player a long time ago. He would mix in a little hook shot here and there with pathetic free throw shooting, but basically just a hustle guy who benefits from Hardens game.

What has already cost me one remote is his bullshit ass effort on the boards in these playoffs. I mean the dude is getting outjumped and outworked by guards - in particular Thompson and Curry have both had too many attempts at rebounds in the paint while Clint is in there. Thats a cardinal sin for big men. He's just aloof and playing uninspired and MDA needs to understand that during the game when he's plugging him back in during critical situations, he just cant be counted on right now. He's down in every statistical category compared to last years playoffs in the same amount of minutes per game.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So, does this mean that Morey's obsession with building a team that can take down the greatest team ever assembled was fake news?

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My three guesses:

1) He simply guess needs to be coached better.

2) The coach needs to make adjustments to the way they involve Clint, and the positioning on the court.

3) He is on some type meds that are affecting his coordination and energy.