1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pj and cp3, please shoot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, May 9, 2019.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

Pj does not like to shoot if he is not in the corner because he wants to give a screen. He was open a few times and his instincts tell him to give a pick

Cp3 likes to drive and in mid air passes the ball eventhough he is open. This happened several times not only this series but the whole season.
    I don't see his sense of urgency in offense. He just want to pass. He passes wide open 3 as well. He likes to shoot threes when he is stepping back. He had the opportunity in this game and he gave the ball too much

2. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

PJ loves that corner 3, but I agree he can hit them from other spots. CP3 just looks lost out there. We needed him yesterday, and he was bad

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Chris Paul has lost confidence in his 3 which is a terrible time to hesitate. We need him to be efficient with his shots and not turn the ball over, play solid D and rebound. Should not be that hard of a task given his body of work but he had a horrendous Game 5. He better come out focused in Game 6 and set the tone early along with Harden that we got this ****. Hopefully the crowd shows up early. Rockets should need no motivation but I was surprised at their lack of urgency last night. You have to find a way to win that game given the hole we climbed out of and the Durant injury.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Loving Ego this series But
    He is killing me with the jump NOW LOOK TO PASS thing

It is my only criticism of Ego

Rocket River

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Think CP3 has tired legs due to too many minutes for a guy his age.

Short on all shots.

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

PJ, Gordon and Harden played hard, smart, and efficiently.
    CP3 and Capela were both awful - as they have been for most of the series. Rivers had a terrible game as well.

Everything seems to be breaking down for CP3. He's careless with the ball, with assists way down, and turnovers way up. There are lots of 'near turnovers' where he doesn't have a great handle and the play breaks down badly when he's the ball handler. He can no longer consistently separate from defenders, and with his size that renders him much less effective. For the first time that I've seen in his career, he often gets caught mid-air while driving without a plan, (at times reminding me of Jeremy Lin or Allen Leveall). Finally his shooting touch is deserting him, both his overall and 3-point averages have dropped a lot over the past 3 seasons, and in the post season he's abysmal shooting the 3-ball. He's also missed 20 games, 22 games and 24 games in his last three regular seasons due to his knees and hamstrings issues. I hope he can turn back the clock in game 6 or 7, but he's a high mileage 34-year old. I'm really pessimistic about his outlook overall. He looks OLD, SLOW and increasingly ineffective.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Too much Clipper/Hornet culture in Chris Paul still.... not sure what the solution would be at this stage in his career

8. jaychi

jaychi Member

just watching the blazers/nuggets game, you can see murray,jokic,cj, dame shooting the mid range or in the paint when free. cp3 can always get to the paint when he wants with the pick and roll. don't jump and pass in mid air. just shoot it! curry would be aggressive in game 6. he should too. he is just aggressive on defense but not on offense