1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

People, please stop with this. The Warriors won at Toyota Center sans Durant because Boogie went off and destroyed Capela. Cousins dropped 27 points(on 11-16 shooting), 8 boards, and 7 assists that night. Unless Draymond Green has the game of his life and pulls off a similar line, the Warriors have no other frontcourt player they can go to for that kind of production.

Also, enough with the "they're back to being the 73-win Warriors" take. That team had Barnes and a younger Bogut in the starting lineup. They had a ton of depth. This Warriors team is already starting an older Iggy and will either have to move Looney or a washed up Livingston into the starting lineup. They could possibly start a 34 year-old Bogut as well, but the Rockets could exploit him badly. Bottom line though, their already thin bench just got even thinner.

Tfor3 and Denovo like this.
  2. macan

macan Member

win or go home

deb4rockets and Tfor3 like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Should be the closeout game.

Instead...Rockets choked and are fighting for their lives. Hopefully the get the win. But that felt very Spurs 2017 Game 5 last night....

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

damn I went to sleep midway thinking that the refs werent going to let us win anyway. WHo choked?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is not true.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty much everybody except Gordon offensively, and pretty much everybody defensively

cheke64 likes this.
  7. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Completely serious, but if we can't beat this team without Durant (we've beat them twice WITH), we should blow it up, trading CC and CP3. I'm just not sure what's happened to accountability in professional sports. Just putting the same crap out there and getting the same results. I think if Harden took 10 shots in the 4th yesterday, we're up 3-2. I just hope game 6 isn't a repeat of game 6 versus spurs.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

glad there isn't 3-4 days in between games now. the rockets will tie it up tomorrow and close it out on sunday. the loss of kd is just too much over the course of a full game. still pissed about last night's chance wasted though and understand others frustration. guys gotta be better. no excuse for that in the 4th quarter

Tfor3 and BigShasta like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Y'all said this about Kawhi with 2017 Spurs Game 6.

Y'all are insane if you think it's that simple.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agree with this. What is it? $60 million is uselessness.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think its that simple at all but its obviously a huge factor. GS isn't replacing everything KD brings to the table. there won't be any excuse if the rockets can't pull out these last two

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Not worried about this game. Klay came out hot... no way we allowing that again. The Warriors don't have depth and its going to show if KD isn't playing.

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. count_dough-ku

Even if Klay is hot, the Rockets can still coast to victory. The key is not allowing Klay AND Curry to go off.

Tfor3, hakeem94 and EightDoobies like this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Still possible, but the Rockets are in a hole of their own making. I am most angry at Capela. He has embarrassed himself. CP3 has been disappointing and Harden disappeared at the end of game five. The Rockets must not let GS celebrate on our home court. Even it up, and as they say, anything can happen in a game seven.

deb4rockets, Tfor3, Smacktle and 3 others like this.
  15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

As upsetting as last night clearly was (upsetting, not necessarily surprising), in the grand scheme of things, home team has held serve in all 5 games. I will be glass-half-full and believe the Rockets will do the same in Game 6 and set up a winner-take-all Game 7.

16. count_dough-ku

That was one of the most uniquely bizarre games I've ever witnessed. I cannot see that happening again. I honestly think Harden just flat out quit and his teammates followed suit. Maybe it was the emotional drain of the Game 5 loss, but I think it was more that he had nothing left in the tank and he knew even if the Rockets did beat the Spurs, they had the Warriors with Durant who were 8-0 in the playoffs up until that point awaiting them in the WCF. It was a "why bother killing myself just to get swept?" kinda mentality.

There is no parallel here. If the Rockets get to the WCF, they'll either have the Nuggets or Blazers awaiting them. Both teams will be equally exhausted(especially if the Blazers force a Game 7 tonight), Portland is missing Nurkic and is relying on a one-armed Kanter, and Denver has Jokic who is incredibly talented but also very slow and tailor made for Capela who could have a huge bounce back series.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. RCPM

RCPM Member

18. Mr. Space City

Can’t wait to see Chris Paul struggle to score over 20 points! I’m so excited!

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

I still think we can win the series but Clint and Chris need to step up!
    Steph is gonna have to sit and they have no other playmakers other than Draymond.
    Clint needs to stop switching on Steph though that’s costing us the game!!!
    Puts him out of position for blocks when he’s getting blown by every time and he refuses to try and get any rebounds

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hakeem94 likes this.