1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Christopher Emmanuel Paul (born May 6, 1985) Believer Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 9, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I still believe in See Pee Three! He will prove haters wrong and beat the Warriors in Games 6 and 7!

iconoclastic likes this.
  2. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

THIS GUY IS DONE. 3 MORE YEARS OF THIS CRAP.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's likely Murray blows this entire team open if we suck again next year. I'm ready for the tank.

4. HstnSprtsFan101

He’s basically PBev at this point..pesky, ton of effort but a non factor scoring

RocketRed84 and bmelo like this.
  5. threepointshot3

If he gets you a efficient 15-7 night is now considered good. That’s how far he has fallen physically

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I guess this is supposed to be sarcastic? Not unbelievable but not funny either.

Roc Paint likes this.
  7. macan

macan Member

CP sucks! CP sucks! CP sucks! and the chant continue..

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe we should sit him out game 6 and hope Harden can win it for us at home? That way he comes to game 7, fully rested.

I'm not totally serious with that suggestion -- but kinda serious.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He's also capable of hitting key shots or assists that can lead to a W when you least expect it.

carib likes this.
  10. YaoMingsSoulja

It's sad. He looks healthy out there. Like 100% healthy. Can we not run iso plays for him anymore? like I'd rather poke my eyes out then watch him try and get by someone.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY ...

12. HstnSprtsFan101

Well I definitely don’t expect it..

Why not? likes this.
  13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Look man. Even one championship, and all of that wasted money will be worth it.

Preferably this year. I think it will happen.

14. theredbackpack

he's totally done. i thought if we made it past GSW we could blow portland/denver off the court and put up a fight in the finals. instead chris paul is playing like the worst point guard in these playoffs. give me DJ augustine. if he gave us ANYTHING i'd have hope but he's weak mentally and has totally taken himself out of the game. i hope we lose on friday and this thing gets over with. and then i'm done with rockets basketball until dude's contract is up. james harden is as good as michael jordan but he'll have wasted his career playing alongside scrubs like dwight howard and chris paul. total organizational failure. good night.

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

is there anyway we can get rid of this over the hill has been? good lord it's cringy watching him play now...

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

All season long I held out hope and kept telling myself that he's saving himself for the playoffs.

I'm past the point of believing anymore.

I think he's had ample time and place to show he's still got it VS Utah and now this series, I don't think he's saving it specifically for two elimination games in a row.

Think it's time to accept the fact father time has caught up with CP3, unfortunately.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

I think all the nagging injuries and father time have caught up with CP3. He just can't get the separation that he was getting last season. This has led to some uncharacteristically bad turnovers and poor shooting. I can tell that he's trying out there, he just doesn't have that pop anymore.

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

I get he is getting old and all that but he should provide goat pg exprience. And then he blews crucial freethrows.... Doesn't foul Looney cause he is affraid he will go out... then shows at the press with HAMPTON jumper. man that was all-around weak. They better pull it out without Durant or he will go down as a choker for ever

19. amaru

amaru Member

At this point you know he's either going to frantically dribble and get nowhere or do a side step three that might go in.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Highly doubt it. The Rockets went all in and committed to him (I still think it was the right move, we were so damn close).