1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/8/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2019.

1. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

can someone else bring the ball up faster, then hand it to harden after crossing the half court line? harden almost always use up the 8 secs bringing the ball. how many times we have shot-clock violation or hurried attempts to beat the clock?

nomiz1987 likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

I honestly don't get this team.

You fight back from 20 down. The Warriors are playing like ass. There's just over a quarter left. You just take the lead.

AND KEVIN DURANT IS MAYBE DONE FOR THE SEASON.

And yet CP3 suddenly looks 40 and James Harden takes ZERO shots from 8 minutes left in the game till the end.

WHAT. THE. F .?

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Not even close

forchette49 likes this.
  4. Texanstradamus

Now we get elimination game harden who holds some of the worst performances for a superstar

BasketMAD likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Should have been reviewed.

everyday eddie likes this.
  6. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

We're ****ing ****ed

7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It sure would be nice if Paul would at least carry for one ****ing game. We're not asking for a whole series, but for one game..... same goes for Capela.

Harden has pretty much carried in 95% of our games this season, yet he's the one who gets the blame and the person the media attacks if we lose. MDA and the players are wasting Harden's career. He's too good of a player to not win a championship. He's literally surrounded by G-League players and old ass players who can't even control a game.

If we lose this series, which I'm certain we will now.... it'll be on Paul and Capela. Totally choked when it mattered the most. I don't mind losing to a great side like Warriors, but it would be nice if most of the players put in the same effort as the other guys.

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

1) Harden has always been mentally weak. I don't care how many 30-point games you've had. If you want to be one of the greatest SGs, get the f over it and take over in the 4th quarter like Curry did. "But he's getting double-teamed." I don't give a single ****. All the greats have faced tough defenses in the Playoffs

2) Chris Paul is washed. I'm glad that conversation is over, because all the Rockets homers were taunting me after every rare 20 points-on-17-shots game he had this season.

3) Clint Capela is a softie and has always struggled against good defenses and especially tough centers/forwards. He's not worth his contract either. He'd get exposed by the Bucks, Sixers, and Raptors too.

4) MDA needs to be fired. Playing Capela in that key stretch is inexcusable. Once again, homers tried defending a man who hasn't won anything in his long career (for a reason).

So many chokers and frauds on this team. It really sucks to continue getting disappointed.

everyday eddie, jnuge90 and MiddleMan like this.
  9. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Give this **** up. Ref has his eyes up and is looking for a foul first. A lot of stuff going on. You think our chokers were hitting a game-tying shot anyway? enough.

forchette49 likes this.
  10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The missed opportunity wasn't losing against GSW without Durant. It was losing after coming back from 20 down and taking a lead, most of which we did before Durant went out.

That was a messed up game.

I always believe in our Houston Rockets though. 7 games it is.

BigShasta and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This series is now Harden's legacy unless Durant comes back relatively healthy.

If KD is out for two games and the Rockets lose this series Harden's legacy will take a huge hit.

They have to win this series. Even if they go on to lose to Denver or Toronto/Bucks he has to win this series.

everyday eddie and HP3 like this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

And MDA seems like blind.

13. Batman Jones

Welcome back. We missed you after the wins.

p.s. If you're not a "Rockets homer" WTF are you doing here?

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Let's just clear things out. This was the greatest opportunity that anyone had to beat the Warriors at Oracle in the Playoffs.

That said, I ask where was our superstar in the fourth quarter? I was expecting him to be hungry to win the game and put an exclamation point in this series. I mean, anyone playing basketball professionally at his level would try to do that, I suppose.

He chose to NOT SHOOT THE BALL for EIGHT MINUTES.

Someone said he was tired. What? So the alternative was to give the ball to our super young and not tired point guard.

I saw Curry and Thompson, both tired, hitting shots in the fourth quarter and giving the Warriors the edge they needed. To me, the attitude the Rockets had in the fourth quarter explains why this team will never win the championship. I really hope I'm wrong.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

everyone b****in about CC.... but +8 with 14 boards in 26 mins... Nene +4 in 4 mins ... small ball -17

everybody remembers the blown defensive assignments - but its more about all those 2nd chance attempts due to inadequate boxing out and rebounding... you need to balance those things...imo...

16. TheresTheDagger

17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You'll miss me after the Rox season is over on Friday.

MiddleMan likes this.
  18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Maybe Harden felt bad for Durant and couldn't perform. He's one of his best friends. He's just a hired gun to the GS guys, so they didn't mind as much.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL what?

I don't understand why people don't understand that you can criticize the refs too. That should have been reviewed, period. It doesn't matter what else happened in the game.

I'm sitting here criticizing players too but that should have been reviewed. Period. It's a reviewable call and they should have reviewed it.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  20. Batman Jones

Naw, man. There are no circumstances under which I'd miss you.

TheresTheDagger likes this.