1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I.D.I.O.T.] I have a CP3 Theory.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 7, 2019.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

if CP shows up and imposes his will on GSW to beat them in 6 or 7 on both ends of the floor, that will be the greatest thing he's ever done.

he'd redeem himself for the subpar season he's had immediately. and i have no problems eating crow to get that dub.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He was much better than Stockton as a scorer. He is right now honestly.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

holy hell i hope something happens cuz he's only had one playoff paul game in game 4 vs utah. hasnt been bad, but expect more from him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i hope he just dont become a negative, a hindrance, say making a lot of turnovers...harden can get us over the worriers alone... hes that good...

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

The reality is, he’s lost confidence in his jump shot. Those ridiculous tough shots he’d hit last year he won’t even attempt now. He’s been a tough shot maker his whole life so I’m betting he’ll be better next year but it’s disturbing it’s even happened at all.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's not even Chris Paul out there.

He's using his last bits of energy to create a force projection image like Luke Skywalker did in that last movie.

Voltik and hakeem94 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

So he'd rather conserve his energy for a closeout game than use it to make sure the team even gets to a closeout game? Nah, I think he's smarter than that.

10. Voltik

Voltik Member

Is that just another polite/comic way of saying old man or you think he’ll come out and play like the CP3 of last year?

As I said in that long post of mine, he might come out 1 or 2 games but the expectation after Game 3 or 4 is not there anymore. It would be nice and I think very much needed. He just doesn’t have confidence in his shot espically since Gordon and Rivers have been on fire and Harden and others being decent or good.

11. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

12. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

this would be the dream scenario.

I, think he's just being extremely disciplined in letting harden be the #1 option and gordon being the #2, and/or that he believes he gives more value to us in doing the utility stuff like PJ. Would be nice to see him shoot the three ball better overall though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'd take that trade to get rid of the Warriors.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 ain’t got it so far...been underwhelming these entire playoffs

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sending positive vibes to this thread

:(

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets don’t have a prayer if Gordon and Paul are this bad.

Rockets just didn’t show up. It happens, but you hate to see it in such a crucial game.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't do that.. If you read the thread you would know I said I didn't expect CP3 to play this game. I said he would lean on EG and Harden. EG is not playing well. Harden is coasting.

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I like the thinking...but the reality is...every game needs to be a Harden/Paul/Gordon game. With Clint this bad...you have to have all 3 of them on.

19. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

If CP3 doesn't show up this last 2 games than rockets are screwed for the next three years he has been average this post season and playing like trash prior game and this game so far

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I was hoping Harden would show up and play like he did in game 4. EG is playing badly too. I expected this from CP3. Everyone else had to win this game.

J Sizzle likes this.