1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Greenberg] "Boogie would make a huge difference"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, May 7, 2019.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Yea by making the warriors even more vulnerable on defense lol. Boogie is BBQ chicken.

Louka likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I do believe that the Warriors miss Cousins.

I really don't have any sympathy for them though.

They won their first title when Irving AND Love were out.......... and they wouldn't have won their second if Durant hadn't fallen in their lap, and they only won last year because Paul was hurt.

The Warriors can kiss my ass....... not a single person associated with that organization that I really care about.

EightDoobies and YOLO like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Boogie Cousins would injure himself again in this series, if he were healthy.

He is not used to playing those kind of minutes.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Rockets would be scoring easier with Boogie playing, that's for sure.

But I guess no one could have anticipated that 4 games into this series Boogie Cousins might have actually been a more efficient offensive option that Steph Curry and Klay Thompson

5. Purvis's shorts

Cousins did well against us in a game during the regular season

6. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

And Faried did well against them in a game during the season

Louka likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

At the risk of repeating myself Clint wasn't sick during the regular season did you forget that? He was sick games 1-3 so we would be 0-3 by the time Capela felt healthy enough not to suck. Tucker can still get rebounds against Draymond green and KD he won't get 1 vs Cousins.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dont know what point youre trying to make. I dont care about his health. He has problems against Green he plays better against Cousins is my only point.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I said this even before the series. I can't believe people actually think not having Cousins is good for the Warriors. Cousins gives them another look when they struggle on offense. They don't have to play him big minutes, or even at all. But he's a kind of insurance for them.

And for those who say that with Cousins, Capela would be able to play more down low. That's also not true. Capela will always have to defend outside because of switching. And Cousins could kill us on rebounding when Capela was switched to the perimeter.

10. JayZ750

For one because it’s hard to imagine Boogie being more efficient offensively than their other options. As it turns out... maybe he would be. But that Steph and allay would be shooting so bad was hard to predict.

For two nine of what you said addresses the Boogie on defense issue. The Rockets aren’t running away with this series. Heck let’s keep it real.... they’re still much more likely to lose than win. And that’s because of GSW defense. Which is insanely good. They fight through the right picks appropriately. They switch appropriately. Draymond cleans up mistakes. Etc. It’s just VERY hard to see a hypothetical where Boogie plays and it doesn’t get easier for the Rockets to score.

So maybe he helps. Maybe not.

As is we have been hearing from GSW fans that if only they had Iggy last year it would have been an easy series. Clearly... that’s not how it works.

Boogie could help them. Or hurt them. Who knows and who cares. They have plenty of talent. And Boogie is injured.

Easy and pgabriel like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Boogie would help a lot. Who is better Kevom Looney or Boogie Cousins? You are right every win is by 5 pts or less, so you think Boogie is so bad he can't produce 5 pts to help his team if he was there and healthy? That's just dumb, most likely Boogie would have been the difference maker when you look at the last game when he was healthy to contribute.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

You don't care about his healthy then don't say how good Capela plays against Cousins.

Clint Capela healthy regular season: 17 pts 13 rebs

Sick Clint Capela in the playoffs: 10 pts 11 rebs

See the dropoff right there? That's due to sickness which apparently you don't care about. You still don't know the point I'm trying to make? Still can't connect the dots? Want me to skype call you and explain very, very slowly how Capela's sickness and him playing like trash right now will impact his performance vs Cousins?

13. JayZ750

Looney is much better defensively.

Looney was also much more efficient offensively in the regular season. Of course in much lower ppg. He had much higher ORtg and DRtg.

The question is if you just need points or one big offensive game from someone not named Curry, KD or Klay. Which is funny to even say lol.

In either case... who cares. Hes injured. It’s a hypothetical we’ll never know.