1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Why we all need to root for the Houston Rockets to win Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, May 8, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, fortunately people are finally starting to tire of seeing GSWs repeatedly and it reflected in the ratings when Durant was on his 2nd trip to the finals.

Unfortunately Houston has never had the market, but... With the "bad guy" image it could work. I'm sure the league doesn't want the more "fixed games" look, so.... it might just work to at least get a fair try at a 3 game series here and finally get rid of the Warriors breaking up that garbage.

napalm06 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

3. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I wish nothing but ill for his continued play against us, and I hope he'll stop jumping into our star's landing space, but this did make me like him slightly. And I haven't even seen the movie, yet.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Our market is better than the NoCal market. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

Sports Team Market Size
    # MARKET HOMES NBA NFL MLB NHL
    1 New York
    City 7.100M Knicks,
    Nets Giants,
    Jets Yankees,
    Mets Rangers,
    Islanders,
    Devils
    2 Los Angeles 5.277M Lakers,
    Clippers Rams,
    Chargers Dodgers,
    Angels Kings,
    Ducks
    3 Chicago 3.251M Bulls Bears Cubs,
    White Sox Blackhawks
    4 Philadelphia 2.817M 76ers Eagles Phillies Flyers
    5 Dallas-
    Ft. Worth 2.622M Mavericks Cowboys Rangers Stars
    6 Washington D.C. 2.482M Wizards Washington Nationals Capitals
    7 Houston 2.423M Rockets Texans Astros no team

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Oh... people finally hate the Warriors? Shocker.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. Jimmy Smith

Jimmy Smith Member

Nobody cares if you watch

harold bingo likes this.
  7. SemisolidSnake

I guess these sorts of extremely obvious reactions do still deserve some credit for being called out.

I do, however, want to know what Andy Nesbitt considers to be beautiful play that he can actually get behind compared to him having to grit his teeth and root for the success of James and his "ugly" play.

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

I clicked on the header just to give more clicks to the article.

Gotta love the fact that he hates on Durant for being a bandwagon ring chaser.
    Can't disagree with that.

dlite316, Voltik, BamBam and 2 others like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My enthusiasm for this article is tepid at best. The "difficult to watch James Harden play" bit automatically turned me off. "I hate Harden, but I hate GSW more"? Yeah, well, you're a little late to the party, but you're part of a big group, buddy.

tmoney1101 and Voltik like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This ****o will root against whoever wins this series.

Do not want

11. YaoMingsSoulja

For all you people in here who are hoping that the league will favor the Rockets in this series to see a Bucks/Rockets finals matchups are just ****ing pathetic. We don't need you losers/tools in the GARM. Call a fair ****ing fight, go out and beat the champs on their home floor WITHOUT the help of the refs and take what's yours. People disgust me.

12. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Warrior fatigue is a real thing...much like Patriot fatigue. If GS goes through this year it will be severely rampant next year.

It tells you just how douchey they are if we could have our “casual fan and media hatred” overtaken by Golden State.

Remlap likes this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

This dude.

Nobody should be hoping on his train he is a professional **** stirrer going from one hot take to another.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Damn right son

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not calling for Silver to rig the series for the Rockets to get that Finals. I'm simply pointing out that there would be a lot of intrigue in a Rockets-Bucks matchup.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My problem with the article is that why is it a problem for the Warriors that they lost 2 in a row in Houston but not a problem for the Rockets for losing 2 in a row at GS?

Remlap likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why do people say dumb things like this as if the league just puts the teams it wants into the finals for ratings? if the league had its way KD would not even be in GS, and the spurs would have no rings because they would never be allowed to get that far.

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Author: "I hate Harden, but I hate Warriors more": A disguised Greek freak fan.

tmoney1101 and DaDakota like this.
  19. Earnie Banks

Earnie Banks Member

Calm down. Its not so much preferring a handicap over a fair game. It's the fact that controlled and pre-determined outcomes = a lot of money for the Vegas/NBA partnership, no matter which team comes on top. And that the NBA has lost a lot of trust, trust that must be earned not blindly given.

People are just assuming the NBA controls outcomes for money, and on that assumption hope the Rockets get the control in their favor. What else can you do?

You can debate whether that assumption is fair or a wild conspiracy. I assume you are in the wild conspiracy boat. I am in the boat that they have the power, money incentive, and lack of consequences to control outcomes and that they do it blatantly. Therefore, I hope the money incentive is in the Rockets favor, and the NBA chooses to wield its power to control games in favor of the Rockets.

Here is NBA.com announcing their extensive data-sharing partnership with MGM. Im sure its all very ethical and principled for the integrity of the game of basketball. https://www.nba.com/article/2018/07...-official-gaming-partner-nba-official-release

#39 Earnie Banks, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rox are a veteran team as well, they are fatigued as hell as well, they just did not show it just yet.

They will play their hearts out against them Worriers, but expect them to lose one or two games against a team like the Nuggets just because of being tired.

Nuggets are tired as well from that Quadruple Overtime game.